Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Patrick10 on 14 Dec 2022
  • hi there,
    l have a small italian restaurant, pasta, Napolitano pizza etc. l was thinking if l was to  par bake my pizzas before l open the restaurant then place in a chiller.
    when opened l would remove from the chiller each pizza as needed and put on the sauce, toppings etc and do the final bake. Would this affect the flavor
    etc. l would also like to know how long too par bake and what temperature to use. thank you
  • #2 by Jackitup on 14 Dec 2022
  • If you truly baking NP pies, no, they would not lend well to par baking. Other styles like Chicago thin, cracker style thin style, bar style ect can work out okay......
  • #3 by wotavidone on 14 Dec 2022
  • Premade par baked crusts are a thing in the Pub Pizza genre here in Oz.
    I know it to be so because several pub cooks have shown me the par baked crusts they buy.
    The Fat Aussie Pub Pizzas they make with them are very popular.
    Thinks loads and loads of toppings on a crust that needs structural integrity.
    I don't, however, know how they get from that parbaked crust to the finished product.
    I will ask around, if I can do so without ruining my reputation for scratch made ambrosia.
  • #4 by woodfiredandrew on 14 Dec 2022
  • Agree with Jon , i would not par bake NPs, square for sure.
  • #5 by Andrew t on 14 Dec 2022
  • consider Pinsa. EIther make your self or they have a gret frozen product if you're looking to save time/effort.
  • #6 by Whatsgooddough on 14 Dec 2022
  • You can par bake any crust you like. It just depends on your style and final product. John Arena from metro pizzas always par bakes his sicilians. People par bake their detroit style. Tony Gemignani par bakes cracker. And for those saying you can't parbake NP, I'm sorry but check out my friend's blind bake method.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYotqr2IGuz/?hl=en
  • #7 by Andrew t on 16 Dec 2022
  • You can par bake any crust you like.

True, and terms like Neopolitian Pizza have specific and generally accepted definitions and expectations.

I'm all for doing it things the way they work best to get the results I want.

If the end product is notably different that the accepted standard then I should rethink what I call it. Often in commercial culinary settings 'my take on...' is a short cut to making the product feel more approachable while not being appropriate. I prebake my pan pizza and when asked 'is this Detroit?' I respond 'kind of but a little different'.

If my rooster laid eggs, it would be my hen.

Andrew

Pages:
Actions