A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Dry burnt Spots on Pizza Base  (Read 281 times)

Offline ryanlally

• I Love Pizza!
Dry burnt Spots on Pizza Base
« on: February 17, 2021, 03:53:58 AM »
Hey Guys,

I have found when cooking my pizzas, i tend to get spots that dry up and burn in the oven. I have tried putting on more tomato sauce than usual but doesnt seem to help. is it the way im stretching the dough or distribution of sauce? Just wondering if anyone has any advice. I have attached pictures below :)

Offline Smaans

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Dry burnt Spots on Pizza Base
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 04:51:07 AM »
Looks good. The dry spots are kinda normal i think.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 07:41:34 AM »
I've evolved over time to where I actually like to see a bit of that on my NP.  Maybe not as much as on the top pie, but I like the center of that margherita a lot. I like it where thate are places with no sauce, and the dough basically fries in the oil. Adds character to the pizza. I don't want a pizza where every bite tastes the same.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 07:43:20 AM by TXCraig1 »
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 08:03:05 AM »
Hey Guys,

I have found when cooking my pizzas, i tend to get spots that dry up and burn in the oven. I have tried putting on more tomato sauce than usual but doesnt seem to help. is it the way im stretching the dough or distribution of sauce? Just wondering if anyone has any advice. I have attached pictures below :)

That would be because of the dough making a bubble (air under), so the sauce that was initially on top went on the sides. It happens to me when I don't put too much or not enough toppings (weight). But I agree with Craig. As long as it's not totally burnt, I kind of like it. And actually, I just made and ate pizza tonight, and I was disappointed because I got even worse than a gummy line on one of them, it was a thin raw dough line. So I really prefer dough that is crispy because there are less topping on this spot than too many toppings and a wet raw crust.
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline typicalsam

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 08:21:35 AM »
i have the same problem and more or less just add more toppings

sometimes i think maybe i left some air bubbles in the dough when opening so i make sure to do a few 'pats' on the base when do the opening in the normal neapolitan style

A D V E R T I S E M E N T