A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Interesting.. The bag was bought approximately 2 months ago and is sealed airtight, also produced this problem since the beginning. Could it be that it was already old at the place where I bought it?
Is there anything I can do to check this at an early stage next time so I can send back the bag? Its a 25kg one so you can imagine buying such a bag and getting rid of it would be a waste.

Thanks!
rexorbrave,

You might check out the following posts by the late Tom Lehmann on the above matter, along with some other useful tips:

Reply 6 at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=47054.msg471945;topicseen#msg471945

Reply 6 at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=36171.msg360263;topicseen#msg360263, and

Reply 5 at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=46331.msg464941;topicseen#msg464941

Absent signs of insect infestation, I believe that most users of flours detect that something might be wrong with the flour through their baking results, especially when the results are not as good as previous successful results using the same flour in pretty much the same way.

Peter
New York Style / Re: I think next day NY slices are the bomb
« Last post by hammettjr on Today at 08:56:28 AM »
If you're a fan of the reheat, you can do what pizzerias do. Bake it, let it sit for a bit, then back in for a couple mins. This way you're not limited to whatevers left and don't have to wait for next day.
Chicago Style / Re: Newbie Deep Dish and the "C" word
« Last post by foreplease on Today at 07:28:08 AM »

For everything you agree with there is always going to be someone who disagrees. Such is the case with corn meal and does it really belong in a deep dish? Today, I revisit the topic and present to you my latest creation entitled "Corn Meal Matters"
Canít argue with that - itís a dandy! Love the name too. I used to have a retail CD store called Music Matters.
If lowering the hydration doesn't work, try with another bag of flour.  Sometimes it can go bad, and then it won't form a good gluten web that holds for a long time..

I would have imagined that a 5 stagioni pizza flour would have kept its shape better during 5 hours..

Interesting.. The bag was bought approximately 2 months ago and is sealed airtight, also produced this problem since the beginning. Could it be that it was already old at the place where I bought it?
Is there anything I can do to check this at an early stage next time so I can send back the bag? Its a 25kg one so you can imagine buying such a bag and getting rid of it would be a waste.

Thanks!
Neapolitan Style / Re: Information on Petra flour
« Last post by thezaman on Today at 03:07:10 AM »
Thanks for your information on the Petra 5037 and the wonderful video. Very helpful.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Another Effeuno P134H user
« Last post by schold on Today at 02:27:37 AM »
I think Craig has done that, if memory serves.

Pizza with pistachio pesto, pomodorini and black pepper.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Reverse Engineering UPN Dough
« Last post by EthanPizza on Today at 02:27:15 AM »
Well I watched a lot of videos on una, read this thread, and tried my hand at a upn style dough. It was much less bready and softer than my normal pizzas. It actually was a lot like the avpn reataurants in terms of texture and taste..

This pizza was a very difficult one. Much different than my usual with a lot higher hydration and my first ever poolish.

Recipe

Mix 200 grams water with 200 grams super nuvola and 22 grams starter to create poolish

Cover at room temp 24 hours

Mix main dough;

Add all of poolish to 300 grams caputo red and 180 grams water (more or less is prolly ok depending on hydration level ability)

Mix fully.
Add 13 grams salt and knead/ mix. put in fridge 24 to 48 hours. Pull out and ball up and let sit covered 6 to 8 hours before baking.

Home Ovens / Air fry update for home oven
« Last post by Elchimi on Today at 01:28:42 AM »
Just got software update from by cafe oven that we now can air fry in the oven.
I wanna try to preheat steel at 550, and once ive put pizza in, to start the air fry function.
Anyone has tried this?
Dough Clinic / Re: Bottom Of Pizza Not Crisp.
« Last post by ira on Today at 12:09:28 AM »
I think you need to throw in some small pieces of wood before the pizza to get the bottom hotter. My experience with charcoal in my Oono Pro was it doesn't get hot enough. Pellets worked but are way to much trouble, now I just use propane.

Ira
Sicilian Style / Re: 12"x12" Cold rolled steel pans
« Last post by waltertore on Yesterday at 11:54:05 PM »
What seasoning method do you use on these pans?

you have to make sure when you put the oil on you wipe it near all off.  excess oil will get sticky and not release pies.

veggie oil wiped on very lightly, baked for an hour at 350 cool, wipe again 350 for an hour cool, wipe again 450 for 30 minutes cool, wipe again 500 for 30 minutes cool, wipe again and continue this process at 500 until you get it dark and smooth. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20