A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Grande Mozzarella Retail Options in Baltimore/Mid-Atlantic Area?  (Read 499 times)

Offline dreake

• I Love Pizza!
I'm a relatively new member to this forum, but have already gotten so much great info from it. I have read several threads on cheese and really want to try Grande LM Mozz. I just today went to 4 different NY style local pizzerias around Baltimore and the few that did use Grande wouldn't sell me a loaf/bag. I have found one Italian distributor in town that sells, but minimum by the case, which would be 8/7lb loaves or 6/5lb bags of shredded. I'm really trying to experiment with it before buying a years supply and being stuck with it. I know Vern's Cheese sells it online, but it's ~$65 out the door for one 5lb bag of shredded ECB. Does anyone have any info on Grande for sale in a retail setting? I'm down to travel into Philly, South Jersey, DC to get it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've been using TJs WMLM mozz and it seems fine, but really want to try some other stuff.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
Re: Grande Mozzarella Retail Options in Baltimore/Mid-Atlantic Area?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 06:40:55 PM »
PennMac sells it online, and they have a store in Pittsburgh I believe.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline dreake

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 07:27:44 PM »
Yea, they're another expensive online option, and they now don't even sell the WM or ECB Grande there.

Offline Joj

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 09:12:20 AM »
I was in the same position and exhausted most options in the MD/DC/Baltimore area.

Saval in Elkridge is going to be your best bet https://www.mysaval.store/. Order online and they do curbside pickup!!! Extremely easy.

The "Cheese Mozzarella Shred Whole Milk, 5 pounds" is Grande WMLM Shredded that is packed in nitrogen.

Offline dreake

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 01:26:50 PM »
Amazing!!! Thanks Joj, totally reasonable retail price, greatly appreciate the help!

Offline thezu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 04:05:37 PM »
Saval also has it in loaf/block form but that's only for commercial accounts.  I tried to get one but no luck (I'm not a restaurant).

Offline mattcampy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 08:50:04 PM »
Saval also has it in loaf/block form but that's only for commercial accounts.  I tried to get one but no luck (I'm not a restaurant).

@thezu did you try to do an order for will-call pickup and they said you could not without a commercial account? I emailed them, maybe a year ago, and they said I could do that. Just curious if the policy changed.

Saval sells lots of products I like to use, such as All Trumps flour, Ezzo pepporoni, Grande cheese, etc.

Offline thezu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 12:33:13 PM »
From what I recall the Saval person pretty much directed me to the non-commercial curb-side pick up website: https://www.mysaval.store/

That website only offers 5lb pre-shredded.

wordpress