A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: New Project in Brazil  (Read 24491 times)

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
Re: New Project in Brazil
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2021, 05:28:34 AM »
I'll do another video today of the bake!

I realize after watching and the video closing, I really wanted to see the complete pizza steaming from the oven! Any pictures of the final product . . . Yes by all means use another bake, the ingredients looked interesting, the dough so soft and supple, beautiful oven, but the pizza . . . .

Thanks for the post
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline communist

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2021, 02:41:14 PM »
Looking forward to your next video. Yes, as Icelander commented, how do you get your dough so soft and to spread so easily?  Thanks,  Mark

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2021, 03:03:56 PM »

Looking forward to your next video. Yes, as Icelander commented, how do you get your dough so soft and to spread so easily?  Thanks,  Mark

thats the goal LOL...

well, its a mixture od hydration and rest period. the dough that we use usualy is 12h all room temp. and depeding on the weather mix of caputo pizzeria and speciale or saccorosso and speciale. (pizzeria for the cooler weather and saccorosso for hot summer weather)

We try to stay between 1.5kg -1.6kg per litter of water.

one important thing that I've notice so many times going to Naples, and being inside the dough room at the pizzerias, is that the dough is not kneaded that much, its more like a very good mix, but not even close to window pane stage. And then 1 ou 2 folds and balled. So that similar to what I do.
Always start by salted water.

attached some pictures of my dough, pizza (testing new topping, yellow tomate passatta) and the structure.

Offline communist

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2021, 05:53:46 PM »
Fantastic pizza!  Thanks for the information.  I think I am building too much gluten and struggle to open my dough.  Those dough balls of yours are just begging to be stretched out!

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2021, 06:04:34 AM »

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • Infinite Monkey Theorem at work
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2021, 09:54:18 AM »
Very Nice! Thank you very much!
Greg
PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor

Offline communist

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2021, 12:45:49 PM »
Very nice demonstration.  Thanks!

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2021, 06:24:51 PM »

thats the goal LOL...

well, its a mixture od hydration and rest period. the dough that we use usualy is 12h all room temp. and depeding on the weather mix of caputo pizzeria and speciale or saccorosso and speciale. (pizzeria for the cooler weather and saccorosso for hot summer weather)

We try to stay between 1.5kg -1.6kg per litter of water.

one important thing that I've notice so many times going to Naples, and being inside the dough room at the pizzerias, is that the dough is not kneaded that much, its more like a very good mix, but not even close to window pane stage. And then 1 ou 2 folds and balled. So that similar to what I do.
Always start by salted water.

attached some pictures of my dough, pizza (testing new topping, yellow tomate passatta) and the structure.

Your pies are beautiful!!!!!  What kind of mixer do you use?

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2021, 06:47:20 PM »
Your pies are beautiful!!!!!  What kind of mixer do you use?

thanks
fork mixer

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2021, 07:19:53 PM »
I am intrigued with your description of your dough. Everywhere I look online, the dough seems softer on opening than mine and I would like to try to change that.
I make 24 hour RT dough and for convenience sake I build it about 6-6:45 the night before the bake, also about 7:00. Without getting up before dawn, that gives me 11-12 hours in bulk and about the same in ball. If I leave it longer in ball it will become more extensible, but I am not sure “softer”. It take about 6-12 slaps to open the dough before placing, dressing and stretching for launch on the peel.
I have switched from the Kitchen aid to hand built and enjoy it, likely because the most common quantity is 3 balls, (2 and insurance). I mix and stretch and fold to a point of pasta, it depresses and springs back and is not too sticky, internal temperature about 24°.
By your description, I believe you suggest doing less, to mix and bulk then ball. Perhaps you could give me some suggestions, you can see my results and in many cases the balls of dough before baking.

Thanks for reading, and your time

Greg
Greg

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2021, 07:44:45 PM »
Hi Greg!

I use a fork mixer, it's an old one, and only one Speed.
I usually mix for 5-7 minutes after adding the flour, that takes about 10 minutos.
I start with water + salt
Then add the yeast + 20% of the flour... Then continue to add until my "punto di pasta".
I leave the dough in the mixer for 30 minutes, then give a 15 second mix to get it out of the mixer.
Bench rest it for another 30 minutes + a fold.
Then the dough could rest in the fridge for next day or wait an hour for balling.
This start at 7am and it balled arround 10-10:30. To use arroung 6pm until 11pm.
Hope this helps!
I keep the hydration between 1500-1600g of flour per liter of water.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 07:46:35 PM by andreguidon »

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2021, 09:15:22 PM »
Odd, as I mention the plan for tomorrow’s dough, Sharon mentions, check your diaries dear, I think you have tried that before . . . . . Undaunted, forward I go, it is only 4 ingredients, what could go wrong . . . Hehehehehe
Greg

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2021, 04:30:52 AM »
I mix and stretch and fold to a point of pasta, it depresses and springs back and is not too sticky, internal temperature about 24°.

Greg, FWIW I was once taking a class in Neapolitan pizza making.  We were hand mixing dough and I spent quite some time making a nice smooth bulk dough ball.  The teacher came around and poked his finger in the dough, and it sprung right back.  According to him, BAD!!  Apparently I overdid it, and there should have been an indentation left where he poked his finger..
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2021, 03:13:52 PM »
It is probably subjective. I think if the dough springs back and you find the dough requires too much effort to open, then perhaps try mixing less, allow the indentation to remain and see if you like that better. In my view the mixing really makes a difference.

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2021, 03:22:19 PM »
It probably is, because each mixer ou hand mixing has a diferet strength, even the same flour in diferet locations change, That's also why the famous "punto di pasta" os so different between pizzaiolos.
Even the same flour in the same location changes day by day, the W and P/L change dramatically within 2 months of the same lot.

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2021, 03:47:28 PM »
The thing is, that it seems that everything makes a difference, dough making, fermentation, ball making, extension,  baking, etc... :D

I've started thinking about it as a chain, and when I think about the process I like to start at the problem step and work backwards.  The final result depends on the proceeding steps.  For instance a few days ago I made tonda romana (roman thin crust), first pizza in a long time.  It wasn't as crunchy as I'm used to, and had a more bready quality. 

Why?  The two reasons that I can think of, is that the dough fermented more than normal, or it was due to the upper heat being lower than normal and the baking needing a bit more time than normal.

So I firmly believe that one has to start with evaluating previous steps when something isn't right at a certain step in the process.
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.