A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: L'industrie  (Read 6423 times)

Online kori

• Supporting Member
  • Let's make pizza today!
Re: L'industrie
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2022, 07:05:33 PM »
I just discovered that guy's Youtube channel last night, actually watched the same video.
I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline bigcheese

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2022, 03:42:36 PM »
This is the closest Iíve gotten so far. Itís not 100% but pretty similar. I had some trouble launching a 16Ē for the first time. It was overhanging on the handle side and caught the peel corner.  14 x 17" close enough lol.

340 g water, 30 g semolina, 470 g king arthur bread flour, 10 g salt, 100 g active sourdough starter, 7g oil

Overnight bf at rt, stretch & folds every 30 mins for first two hours. Shaped & chilled for 6 hours, rt for 1 hr while oven pre-heated. I used 675g for this, might try slightly less next time.

Gozney dome: Heated to 700 air temp, turned the flame as low as possible and let it drop while stretching the dough. Launch was 630ish air temp, 550 avg stone temp. Baked 4 mins with sauce only, took it out to add toppings & baked for another 4-6 mins. The reheat makes all the difference in the crunch so I set slices on the stone for 2 mins as the oven was cooling.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 03:45:28 PM by bigcheese »

Offline Pizza-Face

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2022, 07:49:18 PM »
This is the closest Iíve gotten so far. Itís not 100% but pretty similar. I had some trouble launching a 16Ē for the first time. It was overhanging on the handle side and caught the peel corner.  14 x 17" close enough lol.

NO NO that was a complete launch failure. Please pack the pizza in a bomb proof container and send to me 1 Hr airmail delivery ASAP for analysis PRONTO sir!

Offline bigcheese

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2022, 08:03:55 PM »
NO NO that was a complete launch failure. Please pack the pizza in a bomb proof container and send to me 1 Hr airmail delivery ASAP for analysis PRONTO sir!

As is standard procedure for all complete and utter failures, every last crumb of physical evidence has been destroyed.

Offline Swinger-mike

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #64 on: Yesterday at 06:52:44 AM »

Remembered this video from santa barbara baker where he produces almost exactly the same crumb structure under one of his pizzas. Only reason I bring it up is I didn't know that any pizza place would make it like this on purpose.

painful to watch this guy.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #65 on: Yesterday at 10:06:12 AM »
In the first part, I found it easier to watch once I swayed with him. The left to right was easy to time but the in and out was more difficult to predict. :-D

More seriously, if this guy posted here on the forum, I would not post anything to discourage him from posting and sharing in such great detail. Real-time is tough. I would suck at it but still feel I have a few things to say that would interest or help other people - more so in my former line of work, but some in pizza too. He worked clean, was enthusiastic, and got the result he wanted. I love that.
-Tony

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #66 on: Yesterday at 01:28:35 PM »
Was he trying to emulate L'Industrie's pizza? I just skimmed through the video, so I don't know exactly what he was shooting for.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

wordpress