A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: This video looks good, though I think I will make a slight adjustment.  (Read 191 times)

Offline Bisquick

So I tried this guys Neapolitan recipe using all purpose flour, (video in the Neapolitan section under "So many videos, but this one, I must admire the guys spirit") and while I admit that at first I was hesitant to use  honey (artisan snob here) and a poolish in a Neapolitan recipe, the finished result exceeded my expectation. So I am posting his New York Style pizza recipe, and I am going to try making it following his mixing/proofing method near exactly with a minor adjustment to his recipe. I'm thinking of using all purpose flour and replacing the semolina with bread flour, as I'm wonderous as to what real effect the semolina would have on the final flavor of the pizza. (I may actually change my mind at the last minute and go get a bag of semolina, but I'm rather undecided as to if it's really necessary). I would love any feedback regarding the use of semolina flour in pizza making, as I've heard that a small amount of semolina flour will enhance the flavor of the finished product (hence the ingredient list in the video) but that too much will dry the dough out, making the final product course and gritty because semolina is actually intended to make dry pasta. (I actually did go out and buy a bag of semolina and used it in making the dough, though as I just now finished it, I suppose it will be a day or so until I actually make the pizza, so I don't have an opinion as to the final result) The video -  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 08:13:22 PM by Bisquick »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T