A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Chain's Growth Slowing Down  (Read 702 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Pizza Chain's Growth Slowing Down
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 06:42:59 PM »
I'd guess it will go negative next quarter.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline danydany

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 05:47:49 AM »
I just hope this covid %$# goes away and I can eat pizza like before, anywhere, anytime. :(

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 12:56:12 AM »
 My pizzeria is doing better now that people are being vaccinated and seem to be loosening up on dinning out.Our dinning business was 45 percent of our sales. Carry out and delivery both picked up during covid, but not enough to make up the difference. Now are dine in, carry out, and delivery numbers are all,up,over 2020.
 The big problem right now is getting employees. The extra unemployment money people are being given puts the hiring wage in our area at over 13.00. Per hour. Which means 15.00 is about what it takes to entice someone to come off of it.
 Notice the help wanted signs everywhere. Six employee interviews this week only one person showed up.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 12:58:14 AM by thezaman »

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 12:22:04 AM »
My pizzeria is doing better now that people are being vaccinated and seem to be loosening up on dinning out.Our dinning business was 45 percent of our sales. Carry out and delivery both picked up during covid, but not enough to make up the difference. Now are dine in, carry out, and delivery numbers are all,up,over 2020.
 The big problem right now is getting employees. The extra unemployment money people are being given puts the hiring wage in our area at over 13.00. Per hour. Which means 15.00 is about what it takes to entice someone to come off of it.
 Notice the help wanted signs everywhere. Six employee interviews this week only one person showed up.

Jobs all over the place! In my former field, Respiratory Therapist, I  had a LinkedIn rep contact me with over 25 VERY good positions within 50 miles, and I know of many more. At least 10+ spots at my old employer Children's alone!!!
Flour mill a few blocks always a JOBS sign up, OutBack is always short hearing from my daughter, LOTS of places with HUGE sign on bonuses too. Bonuses up to 3-4 grand with of course 2-3 year obligation!
It's going to take a few years to level off, decade at least before you hear......" Remember when........"???
We'll get there, but not without losses......on many levels!
These types of events make some permanent changes to our landscape, good and bad, but hopefully most of us persevere and help the species move forward, 2 steps forw.........."fill in" 🤣😂😉
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 10:50:11 AM »
  I'm thinking food robotics might be a good industry to invest in. Any companies I should look at. I know we are looking at a conveyor oven after 40 years with our Ferris wheel type oven. We have one crack oven man that runs it Friday and Saturday nights. He has been with us for many years and is very stable. still need to make that position easier to manage on busy nights.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 04:46:36 PM »
  I'm thinking food robotics might be a good industry to invest in. Any companies I should look at. I know we are looking at a conveyor oven after 40 years with our Ferris wheel type oven. We have one crack oven man that runs it Friday and Saturday nights. He has been with us for many years and is very stable. still need to make that position easier to manage on busy nights.

Japan is huge into food robotics and conveyor setups!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline SammyMeatballs

• I Love aPizza!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 04:55:58 PM »
I'm in CT with plenty of pizzerie available. We never use chain-joints for anything. I'm surprised the chains survive here.
-Sammy