A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: My first go at gluten free  (Read 212 times)

Offline tkmcmichael

• I Love Pizza!
My first go at gluten free
« on: March 28, 2021, 11:45:55 AM »
My wife has been avoiding gluten and so we made our first gluten free pizzas last night. I used the same work flow as our normal pizza and it didnít turn out quite right. I will need to do some more research on it.

Used KA Gluten free flour
62% water
3% salt
.2% IDY

Bring all ingredients together in kitchen aid and then hand knead for a few. I know you donít develop gluten but it didnít feel right to not knead the dough. I then balled and let cf for 18 hours and brought out of fridge about 2 hours before baking. Cooked them in the Ardore at 800* floor temp.

Dough came out very much like pie crust and didnít rise at all. I think I will need to significant up the water.

Here are the two pics I took of it.

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
Re: My first go at gluten free
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 12:11:52 PM »
My girlfriend and her daughter say that this DS is the best GF pizza that they have had. Most sold at chains are like you mentioned, pie crust-like, thin, and too crisp.

This could probably pass as a regular DS:

http://orlandofoods.com/gluten-free-pan-pizza/

I follow this to make the GF NP.

Instagram @hans_michigan

Offline tkmcmichael

• I Love Pizza!
Re: My first go at gluten free
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 02:31:54 PM »
My girlfriend and her daughter say that this DS is the best GF pizza that they have had. Most sold at chains are like you mentioned, pie crust-like, thin, and too crisp.

This could probably pass as a regular DS:

http://orlandofoods.com/gluten-free-pan-pizza/

I follow this to make the GF NP.

The downside to the Caputo gluten free flour is that corn starch is one of the main ingredients and corn is something she needs to avoid as well.

In searching the forum I noticed your Detroit style and I may have to try that next time. Thanks Hans

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress