A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Getting my Neapolitan closer  (Read 143 times)

Offline AronH

• I Love Pizza!
Getting my Neapolitan closer
« on: April 29, 2021, 10:58:03 PM »
Had a slight breakthrough on two fronts tonight.
1. Made a nine ball (280g each) batch with Molini Pizzuti Tipo 0. Start was a 12 hr. poolish/1 hr bulk/4 hr proof, all RT. The elasticity was perfect, even for one pie that I put in the fridge for an hour and then pulled out to use and it only had 15 mins to warm. Very airy, good bubbly cornicione, nice flour aroma and taste. Most easily digestible dough Iíve made yet. Gonna see how the flavour changes after a 24 and 48 hour CF.
2. Crap oven with steel improved when I didnít go top rack. I did mid level rack and broiler. Bake time was a bit longer-around 6-8 minutes but finally got a crisp crust and not over baked.

Iím still not getting a nice consistent hollow cornicione. Way too dense and doughy in spots but I got more air into it tonight than before. Not sure what Iím doing wrong. I slowed my opening way down to make sure I was carefully pushing the gas outward and not just flattening it. Careful to not touch it either

So Iím getting closer to having things near where I want. Then itís just consistency training.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress