A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: crust not rising  (Read 154 times)

Offline millerjtx

• I Love Pizza!
crust not rising
« on: May 19, 2021, 07:33:30 PM »
Hey All,

I am making a version of Neopolitan pizza dough that is based on Craig's dough recipe.  Similar starter and ratios (some slight variations I made over the years when I was only cooking in a conventional home oven).  I recently got a fantastic WFO and the first 5-8x I made pizzas were nearly perfect - rose perfectly, blistered...just lovely.   The last two batches have been awful.  No rise and kind of gross tasting.  My starter seems to be pretty lively (doubling in 8-10 hours) and I haven't really changed anything else (24 hrs bulk and 24 hrs balled).  The dough balls are usually around 70-degrees when I form the pizzas. 

The Oven temp has been consistent (700-750). 

Any ideas where to start with fixing this?

Thanks!

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Re: crust not rising
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 07:38:51 PM »
Are you using the same flour?

Is your starter looking the same and smelling good? I've had a starter go bad and continue to rise, but it was actually infected with ??? I'm only thinking this because you mention the bad taste. I don't think it is a very common issue as usually the starter kind of self protects against invaders.

Offline millerjtx

• I Love Pizza!
Re: crust not rising
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 08:59:35 PM »
Yes, same flour.  I assume it is something with the starter, but it looks good and smells divine.  I also wonder if the balls are not having enough of a chance to ferment in warmer temps. 

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress