A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Some guys go fishin  (Read 197 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Some guys go fishin
« on: July 19, 2021, 10:30:04 AM »
92 degrees outside, house to myself, brand new pizza steel and a seven day old dough :chef:

Cranked up the tunes, opened wide the windows and doors, recalibrated the oven +30 degrees (awesome tip Id discovered here earlier in the day), put the new steel (3/8 16x18, 30#) on top rack under the broiler, and 15x16 cordiarite stone two racks below.

Oven setting maxes out at 500, now 530 apparently, which is about as hot as Id ever gotten my stones previously. Preheated for about 90 minutes, before switching to broil for about 10-15 min while I made the pie. Switched off broiler, pulled out the steel and measured an incredible  648 degrees surface temperature  >:D Four minutes on steel and then moved to stone below for 3 minutes.

Amazingly good stuff thanks to the wealth of knowledge available here.

Offline 9slicePie

Re: Some guys go fishin
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 10:31:36 AM »
Noiceeeee

What's your dough formulation/process?

Offline [email protected]

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Some guys go fishin
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 10:59:26 AM »
ATBB
62% luke cold water
.5% IDY
1.9% salt
1% Barley malt syrup
1.5% EVOO

(note: I use about 50g of 110 degree water to liquify BMS, and subtract that quantity from the luke cold water total, similar process when I use ADY instead of IDY)

Water with BMS in mixer bowl, add flour scoop at a time. Stir to combine, 5 min rest to hydrate, then drizzle EVOO down side side of bowl and knead 5 min on 2. Ball up and cold ferment, freeze after two days if desired, or just let it ripen.

Used Grande East Coast Blend diced with a little whole milk shred, over fresh grated Parmesan and Romano blend on top of sauce.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T