A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: First pies for my new shop!!  (Read 446 times)

Offline gmladdison

• I Love Pizza!
First pies for my new shop!!
« on: July 21, 2021, 09:31:43 AM »
Just finished doing a day of testing with the kind folks at pizza master. Our shop will only have 16 inch pies, so that’s what we were playing with today.

We tested 8 doughs, and made probably 25 or so pizzas. We tried different ratios of Italian flour and american bread flour. And a few doughs with percentages of whole grains mixed in. We landed at 63% hydration as a starting point, but may play with that number.

I tend to prefer a more well done pizza, and am hoping our guests are open to that, but we shall see. I would love to have some feed back from you all about our pies. This is the one which we felt was the winner. The dough is 30% stagione flour, 60% KA bread flour, 10% rye flour. It’s made with 20% poolish, and fermented for 36 hours. The cheeses are grande 50/50 mozz/provolone blend, and grande fior di latte. The tomatoes were from Stanislaus which we will most likely change.

Thank you to everyone on this forum. I have learned an incredible amount of information here.

Best

Gerald

Offline dedede

• Lifetime Member
  • trying to make better pizza
Re: First pies for my new shop!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 09:48:00 AM »
This is exactly how I like my cheese pies. This looks amazing. Where is your shop? Best of luck!

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 10:13:46 AM »
Looks great 👍.

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
  • A heaven without pizza would have limited appeal
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 11:21:53 AM »
Hi ——are you yet open for business? I am also in DC and would love to check it out and say hello!
Jim

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress