A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: John Schnatter 1 hour interview  (Read 317 times)

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
John Schnatter 1 hour interview
« on: November 21, 2021, 10:05:42 PM »
I'm not sure anyone would be interested enough to watch an hour with Schnatter (maybe Peter :)), but here it is:

Matt

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: John Schnatter 1 hour interview
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 05:07:58 PM »
I'm not sure anyone would be interested enough to watch an hour with Schnatter (maybe Peter :)), but here it is:
Matt,

Thank you very much for posting the video. I did watch it. The first half of the video discusses John's rise from working in a bar to creating PJ. The second half discusses politics and the problems he had with Goodell of the NFL and with the PJ PR company, and certain key high level employees of PJ. that led to John's ouster from PJ. Since I had read long ago about the background covered in the first half of the video, I enjoyed the second half more.

As an aside, I read recently that the name of the company has been changed from Papa John's to Papa Johns, that is, without the apostrophe. John Schnatter fired back, as can be seen in the article at:

https://myfox8.com/news/they-cant-have-papa-johns-without-papa-john-former-ceo-john-schnatter-fires-back-after-company-name-change/

Peter

Offline Zing

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 07:28:55 PM »
For some reason, that announcement of the PJ name change reminded me of former New York City mayor Ed Koch's "John Hour" from 1979. These two articles give a bit of background of said "John Hour":

https://www.wnyc.org/story/mary-perot-nichols-guiding-wnycs-rebirth-and-renewal/
(includes censored audio), and:
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/johns-bring-shame-article-1.290056

The only reason I can think of for the name change is the "brother-in-law effect". Somebody in charge must have a brother-in-law that is in the signage business. This change will be lucrative for sign companies, printers, lawyers, etc.

The name change suggests the management consists of people who "pay to play", and differentiates them from "Johns with no kids".

I really think it is a silly move, and will inspire people with a twisted sense of humor such as myself to come up with other nasty remarks about said company.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 07:30:42 PM by Zing »

Offline lesagemike

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 08:24:56 AM »
At least 2 people watched the whole hour Peter! I too found the second half more interesting. Roger Goodall pretty darn protective of that 63 million a year job!

Mike

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress