A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Bought an Ooni Pizza Topping Station.  (Read 242 times)

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
Bought an Ooni Pizza Topping Station.
« on: April 28, 2022, 06:53:30 PM »
Told my lady last week I was going to stop using all her containers when I have pizza night, which made her happy. I might have forgotten to mention it was because I was ordering more pizza making accessories - WOOPSIE...

Ooni accessories are pricey, to say the least. But factoring in the stand this comes with, it was cheaper than trying to buy it all from Webstaurant. Not sure how much 6 pans+lids+a stand would cost on Amazon or somewhere else.  Was $99 with free shipping, and it came 3 days after I ordered - kudos Ooni.  The stand's got some weight to it, and the lids have removable rubber seals so it can be air tight for storing in the fridge. I've never owned any other pans so I don't know if lids typically come like this, but I like that. Pans are probably the exact same as all other metal ones. Here's a picture of it on the large Ooni table (32"x32") with a 14" bamboo + 16" metal peel for reference.  There's about 22" between the edge of the table and the station, so it should be plenty of room for me to work. My old method was to use any containers I managed to find, which didn't exactly help maximize my space. Last week I had 1lb of cheese in a huge a$$ metal mixing bowl because I couldn't find anything smaller that was big enough lol. I had to move my oven from this table to my Keter XL cart thingy, luckily it fits.  I plan to get another Ooni table so I can modularly connect them and be more efficient, my lady would not approve.

I wish it came with a solid base so I could fill it with ice to keep things at a safer temp, but then again my old setup was random Tupperware and whatever bowls I could find so this is a nice step up.  You could probably make a similar setup with pieces off Amazon for much cheaper, but for everything included and it looking nice and feeling quality. I'd say this is one of the few Ooni products that's actually not too badly priced.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
Re: Bought an Ooni Pizza Topping Station.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 06:30:13 AM »
That is an affordable and nice looking system of handling ingredients. It is a shame they have not provided an easy way to accommodate ice to keep things chilled. Here is an idea: fill quart or gallon size (as needed) Zip-Locks, place in the bottom of each pan and freeze them in each pan. Then you can be assured they will go in and come out easily for cleaning. An ice bag under each bin should keep you safe for several hours, especially if you are using lids. Good luck!
-Tony

A D V E R T I S E M E N T