A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Grimaldi's Clone Recipe - Can We Figure It Out?  (Read 19874 times)

Offline stamina888

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Grimaldi's Clone Recipe - Can We Figure It Out?
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2021, 03:10:22 AM »
Well I tried it and wasn't impressed, i'll stick to other styles.Baked on steel

This is old, and I'm sorry for the late reply, but I'll comment on this for anyone who is still interested in learning about their pizza.

It looks wet.  Maybe you're using too much sauce and cheese.  Or maybe the oven you're making it in isn't drying them up as much as their oven does.  The cheese slices could be thinner.  The sauce fills the gaps between the cheese.

It seems like your sauce has spices.  Grimaldis sauce doesn't have spices in it.  The spices are in the romano cheese spice blend added to the top of the pizza before cooking.

The crust should be more bubbly than this.  Usually, they get so bubbly that some of the bubbles are poked out with a fork mid-cook.

Offline stamina888

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2021, 03:16:15 AM »
I would guess at about 58 percent hydration from what I remember and what I see here. 

Take into account that they use a lot of flour after ferment.  Dust the trays.  Flour the dough before stretching.  Stretch on a floured surface.  Flour the peel.  etc.  So the hydration of the recipe differs from that of the final product.

Online SonVolt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2021, 10:43:14 AM »
Has anyone settled on dough formulation for Grimaldi's?

Offline stamina888

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2021, 09:56:38 AM »

For the fresh mozzerella cheese, the rule is:
Regular: 2 fingers apart
Extra Mozz: 1 finger apart
White/4 Cheese: 0 fingers apart (cheese touches but not overlaps)

4 Cheese pizza uses a lot of Cesar Salad cheese, a light dusting of Gorgonzola and the pecorino romano spice blend.

For the tomato sauce, the rule is 2-3-4:
12" gets 2 scoops
16" gets 3 scoops
18" gets 4 scoops

If an order calls for extra sauce, we give +1 scoop.  If it calls for lite sauce, we give -1 scoop (and put extra mozz on the cheese to compensate).

If a pizza has no tomato sauce or pesto, we add a liberal amount of olive oil to compensate.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress