A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Aurelio's Quest  (Read 49003 times)

Offline ATLBob

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Aurelio's Quest
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2020, 02:10:34 PM »
excellent pizza Bob, nice job!!    :chef:    :drool: :drool:

Wish I had one RIGHT NOW!    ;D

How did the dough taste....how long ferment?

Thanks!

Thanks Bob.  I went with a 4hr ferment which I’m sure also helped with the browning too.  Definitely less flavor but I’ve bumped up the yeast so much that it still tastes pretty great.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2020, 04:16:24 PM »
Thanks Bob.  I went with a 4hr ferment which I’m sure also helped with the browning too.  Definitely less flavor but I’ve bumped up the yeast so much that it still tastes pretty great.
thank you.... Exactly what I was hoping to hear...4hrs.

You have a quickie formula for this one Bob?

Pan size and doug ball weight?

Thanks!!   :chef:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:18:35 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline ATLBob

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2020, 04:47:28 PM »
thank you.... Exactly what I was hoping to hear...4hrs.

You have a quickie formula for this one Bob?

Pan size and doug ball weight?

Thanks!!   :chef:
375g APF
207g water
15g olive oil
15g corn oil
5g salt
2t sugar
15g IDY

I use a 16” cutter pan and trim off a little bit (~10%) to get the edge.

Online kafo33

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2020, 01:59:47 PM »
Having just tackled my first deep dish pizza, I'm anxious to try my hand at a thin crust, especially this one. I'm a complete noob when it comes to yeast and the formulations in this thread all use IDY. I haven't been able to find IDY in the stores around me, but I do have plenty of ADY. Can anyone give me some guidance on how to substitute? Is it 1-1, would I increase or decrease the percentage of ADY?

Thanks everyone!

Kim   

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2020, 02:37:14 PM »
Having just tackled my first deep dish pizza, I'm anxious to try my hand at a thin crust, especially this one. I'm a complete noob when it comes to yeast and the formulations in this thread all use IDY. I haven't been able to find IDY in the stores around me, but I do have plenty of ADY. Can anyone give me some guidance on how to substitute? Is it 1-1, would I increase or decrease the percentage of ADY?

Thanks everyone!

Kim
You have to use a little more ADY than IDY.

Welcome to the forum. Throughout many topics here you may see “Craig’s charts” referenced. Member TxCraig1 has worked up tables for fermenting dough with ADY, IDY, and CY (cake yeast or fresh yeast). Taking a look at this may help you as time, temperature, and amount of yeast all play a role. You can easily see for any given time and temperature how much ADY vs IDY should be used as a starting point. Good luck with this dough formulation. Post some photos of how it comes out.
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,26831.msg349349.html#msg349349
-Tony

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2020, 11:34:26 PM »
375g APF
207g water
15g olive oil
15g corn oil
5g salt
2t sugar
15g IDY

I use a 16” cutter pan and trim off a little bit (~10%) to get the edge.
.  IDY should be readily available...  Sam's club all have it in one pound bags.  You keep it stopped in the freezer.

ADY yeast should be "proofed", easily done it a separate small bowl... Combine ady with an ounce or two of your doughs formula water... Sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar on top and in a few minutes you will see that your yeast is alive "bloomed".... Ready to be added to the rest of your dough ingredients.  🤗

PS... Your couple ounces of blooming water needs to be taken water hot.... Round 105- 110 ish is fine.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:36:17 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online kafo33

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #206 on: Today at 08:49:12 AM »
Thanks for the replies! I'll be ready to try my hand as soon as my pans are delivered. Chicago Bob, since Covid struck, yeast has been hard to come by in the stores around me. I was able to get my hands on a few packets of ADY, but it's been a crap-shoot.