A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Thinking of buying Forno Nardona oven but I am worried about the floor base  (Read 109 times)

shuboyje and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Martianpc

• I Love Pizza!
I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a Forno Nardona oven. I spoke to the owner on the phone but I can not seem to find any good references about the floor tile material.

I recently sold my Pizza Party with Saputo tiles and I do mostly Neapolitan style at high heat, 60-90 seconds. Will I be able to get good leopard spotting with the Forno Nardona oven? I found a pizza shop with one of their ovens and the pizza doesn't look how I want at all. https://brickcityeatery.com/photo-gallery  Most likely, just technique but I don't want to regret a very expensive purchase like this.

Does anyone have any feedback about this company or the ovens?

Thanks!

Offline jmiliz

• I Love Pizza!
I have had a Forno Nardona oven for about 4 years now. I do 90 second pizza and have no problem if I want leopard spotting (My wife likes the pizza well done), I make mine with less leoparding. I have had no problems with it so far and the owner is very responsive if you have questions. I found some old pictures of my first pies (I don't take pictures of them any more and they are actually round now). These pictures are how my wife likes them .I think its too much leopard spot but just to give you an idea since this may be what you are trying to get. Also picture of oven floor. Not sure of there material specifics but works well for me.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:39:37 AM by jmiliz »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Why are you leaning that way if you're concerned about the floor? Getting under 90 seconds on firebrick (what the deck appears to be) can be tough.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Online shuboyje

I've had both and could never go back.  Firebrick would be a deal breaker.
-Jeff

A D V E R T I S E M E N T