A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: goosta's Adventures in Pizza Making  (Read 11625 times)

Offline goosta

Re: goosta's Adventures in Pizza Making
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2019, 07:24:17 PM »
When you're making pizza on Valentine's Day - gotta do hearts right? I was pretty happy with how they turned out! I also took the dough scraps from shaping and made some garlic knots, which was a nice bonus. :)

Offline goosta

« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2019, 08:05:02 PM »
Made up my other two doughs tonight for dinner. Came out really good! I am definitely liking the results better aiming for a stone temp of 700 and setting the burner to medium. Bake time about 3 - 3.5 minutes.

Frankie has decided he is a BIG fan of pizza... With three hungry boys in the house, I can only imagine how many pizzas I will need to bake when they are teenagers!  :-D

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2019, 08:35:39 PM »
Beautiful pies (and nice looking boy too)!

Dollops of straight ricotta on the white or do you mix in any seasonings?

Matt

Offline goosta

« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2019, 09:25:43 PM »
Beautiful pies (and nice looking boy too)!

Dollops of straight ricotta on the white or do you mix in any seasonings?

Thanks! Straight ricotta with oregano on top. I make it following the tips you gave me a while back. So good!

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2019, 10:10:27 PM »
Thanks! Straight ricotta with oregano on top. I make it following the tips you gave me a while back. So good!

I didn't remember that...was looking for tips from you  :)

Matt

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2019, 10:52:33 PM »
wow goosta, that's nice work!
"Is that a pie fit for a king
A wondrous sweet
And most particular thing?" - sweeney todd

Offline goosta

« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2019, 10:23:49 AM »
Made up a couple thin and crispy pizzas for dinner last night. I used the same formula and procedure I have in the past, which is from nick57. They turned out really good! Since there was a chance of storms, I decided to bake them in my house oven. I used a stone on the bottom rack. My procedure ended up being about 3 min par bake in cutter pan. Cooled on rack. Then topped and baked for 3 min on stone, then moved to top rack for another 3 min. Oven temp started at 550 but I dropped it to 525 after preheating. My only goof was I forgot to dock the first one, so it puffed up like a balloon in the oven. Cut some slits with a knife and patted it down and it was fine.

I was originally planning on a buffalo chicken pizza to use up some leftovers, but switched to a BLT pizza since we had leftover bacon as well. First time doing a BLT on thin crust and it was great! My 4 year old even said his favorite was the "salad" pizza, which surprised me...  :)

My wife also made some awesome breadsticks with the dough scraps from the pizzas.

Offline goosta

« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2019, 04:21:25 PM »
Here is my recent Sicilian pizza attempt. I decided to try parbaking this time and was really happy with the result. Last time, it turned out a little gummy and I had trouble with the bottom getting overdone. So for this one, I baked at 450 with a 10 min parbake (no sauce), followed by 10 additional minutes after topping the pizza. The bottom was done at that point, so I went ahead and pulled it out of the pan and let it go for 3 more minutes on the top rack to help brown the cheese.

I have another dough in the pan rising on the counter for round two tonight.  :D

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2019, 08:17:25 PM »
Ron,

Your Sicilian pizza looks quite good but what really matters is if Frankie liked it  ;D.

Peter

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2019, 08:18:57 PM »
Nice square Goosta! Always like seeing your pizzas  :chef:
the proof is in the pizza

Offline goosta

« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2019, 09:55:01 AM »
Ron,

Your Sicilian pizza looks quite good but what really matters is if Frankie liked it  ;D.

Peter

Yes, he definitely enjoyed it! By the end of the meal, he was covered in pizza.  :-D

Offline goosta

« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2019, 09:55:43 AM »
Nice square Goosta! Always like seeing your pizzas  :chef:

Thanks! :)

Offline goosta

« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2019, 02:35:21 PM »
Just thought I'd share a couple of pizzas I made this weekend. Baked on the Pizza Party oven with my usual setup. I've been really happy with how they have been turning out lately! Feel like I have gotten things dialed in well...  Also, we finally got a garden going again, so I was able to finish them with a little fresh basil.

In other news - we got a very unexpected surprise recently. We're having another baby! Given what happened last time, we certainly were not planning on it, but here we are...  :P

We found out we are having another boy, which makes him our 4th boy. My wife was really hoping for a girl, but no luck! Now the challenge is to pick a name. My other boys are Anthony (Tony), Vincent (Vinnie) and Franklin (Frankie). See the trend there?  :-D We are having a difficult time coming up with another Italian boys name that we like. So what do you guys think?

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2019, 03:25:37 PM »
very nice, what temp are you cooking at now?

Congrats!  Domenico is my suggestion.   
Deb

Offline goosta

« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2019, 09:48:23 AM »
Been a while since I made pizza - so much so that I was having a hard time remembering my routine!  :-D

Everything came out great though. Really enjoyed the gyro pizza! Our garden is doing well, so I was able to use fresh tomatoes and a tasty sweet pepper. It's a Gypsy Hybrid Pepper and I highly recommend them. First time growing - they have been producing like crazy - even in the hot and humid Texas climate.

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2019, 10:44:28 AM »
Diggin that pepperoni pizza Goosta  :chef:
Congrats on your fourth as well  ;D
For some reason I default to the Ninja Turtles when thinking of Italian names  :-D
the proof is in the pizza

Offline goosta

« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2019, 12:41:19 PM »
Diggin that pepperoni pizza Goosta  :chef:
Congrats on your fourth as well  ;D
For some reason I default to the Ninja Turtles when thinking of Italian names  :-D

Thanks! Funny thing is my wife and I have joked around saying we need to rename everyone so we could have Ninja Turtle names...  :-D  Poor kids - just look what they have to deal with already.

wordpress