A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: stone age manufacturing brick ovens  (Read 704 times)

Offline Puffpuffgive

• Lifetime Member
  • Focused NOT Finished
stone age manufacturing brick ovens
« on: November 18, 2018, 10:08:10 PM »
does anyone have any experience using these ovens, my contractor is familiar with this install and recommended them, he says he hasn't heard anything bad from past customers, but has never done a pizza oven only outdoor fireplaces,  any info helps thanks
adam
https://stoneagemanufacturing.com/products/wood-fired-pizza-oven-kits/amerigo-pizza-oven/

Offline vtsteve

• If my pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right!
Re: stone age manufacturing brick ovens
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 11:33:26 PM »
What's your budget, how much cooking do you plan to do?

I didn't see a lot to love (in the design, their installation guide, or the pizza-making instructions at the end).
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline Puffpuffgive

• Lifetime Member
  • Focused NOT Finished
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 11:08:12 AM »
Going to spend 15ish on outdoor kitchen, I am a fan of stone and brick as the covered patio is already in place, not sure now after seeing some beautiful brick ovens available if the stone and brick is as important now, my centerpiece may have changed.

Offline guyskr

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 10:33:00 AM »
This looks like a really low quality  oven, or at least a badly designed one.
I saw that you like to make a Neapolitan style pizza, I doubt this kind of oven will do the trick.
A Pizza Party oven would be much better, but personally I don't find them to be the best looking ovens out there.
Here is a link to the oven:
https://www.pizzapartyshop.com/en/wood-or-gas-fired-pizza-oven/portable-gas-pizza-oven-pizza-party.html

Offline vtsteve

• If my pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
I did a scratch build, but everyone who's bought a FGM from  https://www.breadstoneovens.com  has been happy; breadstoneovens is a member here, send him a PM.
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 04:38:10 PM »
 ^^^

Run from that oven and don't look back. Call Antoine at Bread Stone Ovens. He'll steer you right even if it means you buy an oven from someone else.

https://www.breadstoneovens.com/
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Puffpuffgive

• Lifetime Member
  • Focused NOT Finished
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 10:44:18 PM »
love the price of the pizza party but not a beauty to look at, and at close to 2k delivered Im not sure I can pay that for an eye sore, checked out the bread stone oven company site and like the warranty, the fact they come assembled on a cart ready to put on the patio and fire, ill give antoine a call soon thanks guys

Offline guyskr

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 05:05:47 AM »
I'm not from the states, so I don't really know anything about those ovens, but I'll trust the guys that recommended this company for sure

Offline Puffpuffgive

• Lifetime Member
  • Focused NOT Finished
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 05:43:20 PM »
thanks to all for your input on this forum, I have decided to get the pizza party bollore and have my contractor build a brick enclosure around it, your experience sold me, and the pics of your pizzas did too!!!!!  The convenience of coming home from work and setting out some dough balls and having pizza in an hour or so also sold me.  Going to have a brick stand/porch incorporated into my outdoor kitchen for adding a WFO as well, thanks to simone at pizza party too!!! 

Offline nirc

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 11:52:55 AM »
thanks to all for your input on this forum, I have decided to get the pizza party bollore and have my contractor build a brick enclosure around it, your experience sold me, and the pics of your pizzas did too!!!!!  The convenience of coming home from work and setting out some dough balls and having pizza in an hour or so also sold me.  Going to have a brick stand/porch incorporated into my outdoor kitchen for adding a WFO as well, thanks to simone at pizza party too!!!

what changed your mind on getting a PP bollore, given your earlier comment on their oven ?

love the price of the pizza party but not a beauty to look at, and at close to 2k delivered Im not sure I can pay that for an eye sore

Offline Puffpuffgive

• Lifetime Member
  • Focused NOT Finished
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 01:01:14 PM »
I talked to my brick mason building my outdoor kitchen and he is going to incorporate the pp bollore into a enclosure.  the price of the pp isn't so much that I cant have both a natural gas oven for convenience and a WFO for entertaining. 

Offline nirc

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »
I talked to my brick mason building my outdoor kitchen and he is going to incorporate the pp bollore into a enclosure.  the price of the pp isn't so much that I cant have both a natural gas oven for convenience and a WFO for entertaining.

would like to see some pictures. thanks

Offline Puffpuffgive

• Lifetime Member
  • Focused NOT Finished
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 10:41:22 PM »
I ended up selling the pizza party and just going to use the wfo, the natural gas option was nice and worked well, but for me I don't mind firing up a wfo in the morning and doing pizza that night, the pp bollure was taking an hour minimum to get stone up to temp, not my idea of convenience, however the pp is a very economical alternative to a wfo, however I don't think the results are comparable.

wordpress