A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: 1984 Godfathers discontinued crust  (Read 467 times)

Offline bobs4peace

• I Love Pizza!
1984 Godfathers discontinued crust
« on: December 09, 2018, 11:09:59 AM »
In my teen years I work at godfathers pizza in Henderson Kentucky they came out with a new deep pan pizza with a buttery crust. If memory serves me right I believe we were the test market it was discontinued shortly after. I believe they said the cost were too high. So sad because in my opinion this was the holy Grail of pizza.
We pre-made the crust in the mornings it had a double layer of dough with cheese in the middle we would pre-bake it and then store it on proofing shelves.
I would love to make this holy Grail of pizza at home I have searched many hours on the Internet for the recipe and can't find anything even close. Through my searches I found links to you and was hoping you may help

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
    • Dough Doctor
Re: 1984 Godfathers discontinued crust
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 11:30:37 AM »
Bob;
You say you have searched for a "recipe" but can't find anything even close. Can you share with use what information you have on the formula you're searching for? Pizza doughs are pretty well all formulated within a close range of ingredients so filling in the blank spaces shouldn't be too difficult.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 10:08:00 PM »
In my teen years I work at godfathers pizza in Henderson Kentucky they came out with a new deep pan pizza with a buttery crust. If memory serves me right I believe we were the test market it was discontinued shortly after. I believe they said the cost were too high. So sad because in my opinion this was the holy Grail of pizza.
We pre-made the crust in the mornings it had a double layer of dough with cheese in the middle we would pre-bake it and then store it on proofing shelves.
I would love to make this holy Grail of pizza at home I have searched many hours on the Internet for the recipe and can't find anything even close. Through my searches I found links to you and was hoping you may help

Regardless of your Godfather's recipe search, you did find the best pizza site on the interweb, hang around and have fun!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 11:18:07 AM »
I second the words of "Jackitup". Around here the trip can be as much or more fun than the destination!  :-D
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline bobs4peace

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 08:27:27 PM »
I don't have anything on it. I even find anything that confirms that it existed. Sorry it took so long for me to get back but I work a lot of hours and don't get on the net that much anymore

Offline QwertyJuan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 08:33:27 PM »
I don't have anything on it. I even find anything that confirms that it existed. Sorry it took so long for me to get back but I work a lot of hours and don't get on the net that much anymore

Then just tell Tom what kind of dough you are wanting to create... I promise you he has a recipe for anything you may want! :D

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »
We used to have a Godfather's a mile from my house and remember them being better than average. But then due to a major restructuring, many, including ours closed, corporate got a couple buyouts and several remain scattered around. Not as many as there used to be!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

wordpress