A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Wood fired pizza blisters  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
Re: Wood fired pizza blisters
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 06:35:36 AM »
Craig, even to my tastes...and i do like a bit of char..that pizza is burned !! dumpster quality.  :)  They must have brought that to the table, crossed their fingers and held their breath it didn't get sent right back 

Talula's looks like a pretty fun place on a great block in this once-classic NJ shore city that is coming back to life after many years of depressing downturn     

I stopped in to look at the pies and chat with the staff (we'd just eaten pancakes next door) and learned they're  baking hot and fast with All Trumps dough... ..probably why burning is so likely. Next time I'm on the block, I'll smile at Talula's...and have more pancakes next door  :-D

Offline smignogna

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 03:16:19 PM »

Talula's looks like a pretty fun place on a great block in this once-classic NJ shore city that is coming back to life after many years of depressing downturn     

I stopped in to look at the pies and chat with the staff (we'd just eaten pancakes next door) and learned they're  baking hot and fast with All Trumps dough... ..probably why burning is so likely. Next time I'm on the block, I'll smile at Talula's...and have more pancakes next door  :-D

All Trumps Flour? Talula's has always used stone ground organic flour from "Farmer Ground" and "Central Milling". They even list it on their blackboard in the restaurant.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 07:20:02 PM »
As I've often said before, what do I know? The guy making pizzas told me All Trumps; maybe he was trying to bust my chops.

I haven't eaten there. It's a cool-looking  place, people online  seem to love it, and it was plenty busy. But from the photos, the bakes are  somewhat  inconsistent, and getting a pie that is badly burned is all too possible. Photos show that pizzas are being served that to my eyes,  should never leave the kitchen.  On the other hand, maybe they know what they're doing..people are taking pictures of burned pizza and celebrating it online..it's the charm of the wood-fire   :-D

A D V E R T I S E M E N T