A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Adjustable Regulator on Passione????  (Read 518 times)

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Adjustable Regulator on Passione????
« on: January 14, 2019, 03:33:50 PM »
Has anyone used an adjustable regulator on their oven like with the BS! Not looking to turn it into a weed burner blast furnace, just to get another 20%ish out of it. Granted probably not going to be an issue come summer but just want that availability to amp it up a little when needed!?
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Adjustable Regulator on Passione????
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 03:51:47 PM »
I think I remember reading somewhere here that Simone said not to do it. It's a low pressure burner, right? Even if you did, other than perhaps heating the oven a bit faster, it would likely be counterproductive. In my experience, the Passione is very well balanced.   Increasing the top heat would likely mess that up and cause the top to bake faster than the bottom.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 04:44:26 PM »
I think I remember reading somewhere here that Simone said not to do it. It's a low pressure burner, right? Even if you did, other than perhaps heating the oven a bit faster, it would likely be counterproductive. In my experience, the Passione is very well balanced.   Increasing the top heat would likely mess that up and cause the top to bake faster than the bottom.

Thanks Craig, I thought I read the same thing but wasn't sure. I took the one off my BS and gave it a try, but even turning way up for a couple seconds, I sensed a lot of back pressure and smelled propane and increased yellow flame. Turned up only modestly I got the boost I wanted. I would use mostly for preheating the stone/oven and then back off for the bake. No, would not hold the burner at those higher flows!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 03:38:10 PM »
The oven have the perfect performance and great performance with the regulator included 11WC, with other regulators not work well, and is dangerous use more pressure, otherwise isn't necessary
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired ovens and gas fired ovens Pizza Party

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 06:36:55 PM »
The oven have the perfect performance and great performance with the regulator included 11WC, with other regulators not work well, and is dangerous use more pressure, otherwise isn't necessary

Thanks Simone. If I get a longer one is there anything I need to be mindful of besides the 11wc?
Jon

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 04:15:26 AM »
Hi Jack
not understand how you understand with "longer one", desire a regulator with the tube more long of the traditional tube?
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 10:52:41 AM »
Hi Jack
not understand how you understand with "longer one", desire a regulator with the tube more long of the traditional tube?

Yes, a 6 foot long tube.
Jon

Offline vtsteve

• If my pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 01:16:22 PM »
Yes, a 6 foot long tube.

???

A six-foot burner tube, or a 6-foot gas hose? I wouldn't ask, but it's been three hours and nobody else has.   :-D
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »
Yes, hose :)
Jon

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 10:09:31 AM »
buy an 11WC regulator with long hose  ;)
Simone

Offline ira

• I try to cook Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 12:42:07 AM »
For what it's worth and I can't really recommend this, I put a 0-5 PSI regulator on my UNI Pro. I can't easily get to the valve to adjust it and I can't see the flame while adjusting it so I want to move it to the tank so I could see the flame while adjusting. First try, totally unworkable just blows the flame out from to much gas. Ended up with a jet made by drilling a #60 hole lengthwise in a 4-40x 3/8 screw.  I have a small lathe so this stuff is not to hard do. If I was to start over I'd probably start with 62 and then come up one at a time as the 60 is still on the edge of being to big. But it's now a lot easier to adjust and I can do it while looking at the flame. I'd guess you'd need to do something similar if you wanted to use an available adjustable regulator. It would likely be really nice is someone would make a 0-14wc version.

Ira