A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: dough question  (Read 260 times)

Offline pizzaman1

• I Love Pizza!
dough question
« on: March 12, 2019, 09:58:03 AM »
I never used plastic bags before for cold fermenting, i balled my dough last night and placed directly in the fridge. This picture is from 9 A.m this morning. it was in the fridge for roughly 9-10 hours.. Is this what my dough should look like? i usually put my dough in a bowl with cling rap over it, so this is a new process to me, i just want to make sure its not under mixed and looks good! thank you

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
    • Dough Doctor
Re: dough question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 10:13:31 AM »
That looks about right.  ^^^
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline pizzaman1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:32:22 AM »
ok great,Thank you! 

Offline pizzaman1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 08:05:18 PM »
After I took out of fridge (2:00) I let rise in pan on my stove until 6:30 without touching it. When I tried to spread out it was pretty sticky and collapsed basically, does that mean it overprioofed?

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 10:32:51 PM »
Sounds like it might be over fermented. I usually just turn the fermented dough ball out of the bag after allowing it to set at room temperature for about an hour, but when making pan pizzas it is usually easier to just place it directly into the pan and immediately fit the dough to the pan, then lightly cover the pan and set aside to proof for 60 to 120-minutes, depending upon formulation, room temperature and how thick you want the crust to be.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress