A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Used the Giordano’s style dough in a cutter pan  (Read 3004 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Used the Giordano’s style dough in a cutter pan
« on: March 02, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »
When I was trying out pizza cones today with the Giordano’s style dough, I had left over dough that I decided to make into a small pizza in my cutter pan. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8750.msg91834.html#msg91834  The finished pizza was good, but I think I forgot to grease the cutter pan before baking.  I baked the pizza on the cutter pan on a screen.  Will have to do some more experimenting with this.   I really liked the thin crispy crust.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Used the Giordano’s style dough in a cutter pan
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:24:37 PM »
rest of pictures.

Norma

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:12:13 PM »
Norma,

You can actually make a pretty good deep-dish pizza in a cutter pan, although, as I am sure you discovered, it won't be as deep as using a standard deep dish pan because the cutter pan is fairly shallow. You can also make the pizzas in a mini, or personal, size. I attempted this some time ago, as I described at Reply 6 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,560.msg5138.html#msg5138. Do you plan to test deep-dish pizzas at market? If so, a personal size in a small cutter pan might be workable although they would perhaps have to be made to order to get a really fresh pizza.

Peter

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:37:23 PM »
Peter,

Your pizzas in the mini or personal size looked delicious.  :) I am not sure at this time if I want try a deep dish at market or a thin crust.  I think it would be easier for me to do a thin crust.  I reheated a slice of the thin crust I made today while I was at market and it did crisp up well.  I really like the Deep-Dish, but since they take so long to bake, I probably would be better to go with a thin crust.  I just have to experiment more and find what formula works best.  Did you have any favorites when trying the thin crust?  I need more experience in trying them, so I will experiment more.  One of the maintenance workers saw I was experimenting with this pie today and he told me this kind of pie is what his wife likes.  He bought the rest of the pie. 

Thanks for the link,

Norma

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 10:16:57 AM »
Norma,

No, I don't have a particular favorite Chicago thin-crust dough formulation. I actually haven't done that much with that particular style and even though I lived a short while in the Chicago area many years ago, I travelled a lot such that the only Chicago style pizza that I can recall eating was the deep-dish style. However, at some point I may try several of the Chicago thin-crust recipes posted on this forum. For me, the immersion process, even though time consuming, is the best way to learn about any pizza style and to develop preferences. As you may know, members loowaters, BTB, goosen, itsinthesauce and buzz, and maybe a few others, have posted their versions of the Chicago thin-crust style on the forum.

Peter

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 01:39:05 PM »
Peter,

Thanks for telling me you don't have a particular favorite.  I can see by trying different formula's from members is the best way to learn about a thin crust Chicago Style.  I like the Giordano Style in a thin crust, but will see if other members will direct me to their favorites, so I can try some.

Thanks,

Norma

Offline mrmojo1

• Lifetime Member
  • pizza sans frontières
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »
that thin crust looks great!!  i am a big follower of loos thin crust recipe.  this emulates most closely for me the Friday night pizzas we got in the burbs cut party style.  with a bottom crispness, a nice gum layer and an equally thin doughy layer.  i love it.  i guess it reminds me of Rosattis maybe?  or really like he says a generic local, something my friends and i  would find in the yellow pages and order.  it was and is still so good!  THANKS LOO!  i am still making about 6 dough balls every 2 weeks with this. and im still experimenting. but i am once again back to his main recipe.  tonight i make dough with this recipe with a new "pIzza flour" bought a 10lb bag from a restuarant supply....i dont know what to expect...ill let you guys know!

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6368.0.html
"My Doctor says I swallow a lot of aggression.  Along with a lot of pizzas!!"

-John Candy(Stripes)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
mrmojo1,

Thanks for saying the crust looks great.  Since I really haven’t ever tasted any kind of Chicago pizza and only am going by my tastes if I like a pizza or not, could you explain to me what the difference is in a Giordano’s thin crust pizza and loos thin crust recipe is?  I have a lot to learn about all kinds of pizzas and am willing to try different recipes.

Thanks,

Norma

Offline mrmojo1

• Lifetime Member
  • pizza sans frontières
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 12:20:04 AM »
good question!  ok...wow.... ill say based on my opinion alone and i am no expert, the giordanos crust as a thin crust is much more rich. buttery, flakey maybe... and the loos thin crust is a more neutral canvas, the crust offers a more of a vehicle for the sauce sausage and cheese...in my opinion....but its great on its own too. i love the crusts!  just some quick ramblings! 
"My Doctor says I swallow a lot of aggression.  Along with a lot of pizzas!!"

-John Candy(Stripes)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 12:50:53 AM »
good question!  ok...wow.... ill say based on my opinion alone and i am no expert, the giordanos crust as a thin crust is much more rich. buttery, flakey maybe... and the loos thin crust is a more neutral canvas, the crust offers a more of a vehicle for the sauce sausage and cheese...in my opinion....but its great on its own too. i love the crusts!  just some quick ramblings! 

mrmojo1,

Thanks for your explanations.  They were helpful.  :)

Norma