Yesterday, I posted my first results using the GlutenBoy recipe. I showcased the results of a 4-day cold ferment and noted some lackluster results. The crust suffered from lack of flavor, browning, and crumb development. Link below:http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=44521.0
Today, I used up the rest of the dough, but decided to make a rather significant change. I don't have a pizza stone or pizza steel to work with, so my pizzas having been heating up rather slowly after going into the oven. To simulate a stone, instead of putting the sheet in cold with the pizza on top, I preheated the sheet pan in the oven, and then slid the pizza on top of it while resting on foil. It resulted in a much less dense crumb, a darker crust, and better flavor. Dramatically so, in fact. Not the perfect solution, certainly, but it seems to work.
I guess this just goes to show the importance of doing pizzas hot and fast. Although I still have much to learn with regard to creating a good dough, it would appear that a stone or steel would be the single greatest investment to improving my pizzas.
Feeling accomplished that I made some real headway.