A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Help what to do with this?  (Read 232 times)

Offline gerrythegreat

• I Love Pizza!
Help what to do with this?
« on: April 20, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »
Just came across this on a craigslist type site. They look home made and the guy is asking 600$

what are you general impressions? What type of questions should I ask ?

thank you

Offline rrpizza

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Help what to do with this?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
I would ask - how hot has he/she gotten these ovens, how are they insulated, what is the floor made out of and probably what insulation is under the floor or if its just the bricks above the stand? Has the oven already been cured? Maybe how large the opening is if its not listed in the post. Not sure where you are locating this oven but maybe if its ok to be uncovered or should it be covered.

I sure some of the more experienced members might have additional questions they would ask.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:15:16 PM »

what are you general impressions? What type of questions should I ask ?

The smaller the WFO, the harder it is to get an evenly baked pizza, often much harder. One of the the things I would like to see is a video from start to finish of a pizza being baked in this oven at wide-open throttle. 

Offline gerrythegreat

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 08:36:06 AM »
I would ask - how hot has he/she gotten these ovens, how are they insulated, what is the floor made out of and probably what insulation is under the floor or if its just the bricks above the stand? Has the oven already been cured? Maybe how large the opening is if its not listed in the post. Not sure where you are locating this oven but maybe if its ok to be uncovered or should it be covered.

I sure some of the more experienced members might have additional questions they would ask.

thank you so much :) will do

Offline gerrythegreat

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 08:45:10 AM »
The smaller the WFO, the harder it is to get an evenly baked pizza, often much harder. One of the the things I would like to see is a video from start to finish of a pizza being baked in this oven at wide-open throttle.

thanks will asK :)

wordpress