A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: goosta's Adventures in Pizza Making  (Read 8511 times)

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
Re: goosta's Adventures in Pizza Making
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2018, 09:58:09 AM »

To start, I ended up getting cordierite kiln shelves for it. I got three 20" x 10" stones and they cover almost the entire oven floor. Much nicer to launch and move the pizzas! Very happy with that.

goosta - if you were to do again would you still go with three or would 2 stones be enough?
Deb

Offline goosta

« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2018, 03:29:10 PM »
goosta - if you were to do again would you still go with three or would 2 stones be enough?

I would still go with 3, as I like to bake 2 pizzas at once. They are usually around 14" so they take up most of the floor length. If I was just doing one pie, then 2 stones would be fine.

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2018, 04:21:42 PM »
thanks!  i think I am going to get 3.  I'd like to do 2 at times
Deb

Offline goosta

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2018, 03:43:35 PM »
My mom was out to visit for a long weekend, so I made up some pizzas. It was 109 outside yesterday while I was baking the pizzas but still worth it...  :-D

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2018, 03:46:49 PM »
goosta,

I hope Mom liked the pizzas. It got to around 112 degrees F here in the DFW area and pretty much stayed at that value, give or take a few degrees, for several days.

And how is Frankie doing?

Peter

Offline goosta

« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »
goosta,

I hope Mom liked the pizzas. It got to around 112 degrees F here in the DFW area and pretty much stayed at that value, give or take a few degrees, for several days.

And how is Frankie doing?

Peter

My mom said she loved the pizza (but she has to say that, right?  :-D). She was out visiting from Phoenix and brought the extreme heat with her apparently!

It sure has been a hot summer so far! Can't believe it was 112 in the DFW area. We will be visiting friends in Lewisville this weekend. Looks like it will still be hot, but not as bad as it has been.

Frankie is doing great - thanks for asking! We took him for a check up last week and the doctor was very happy with his progress. Pretty amazing to see how well his is doing now after being born so early!

wordpress