I also saw when reading those articles that the leavening efforts of baking soda can peter out and do also believe that normal amounts of yeast should be used for this experiment.
As to address the milk, I think to start I will use the amount I just weighed today and that can be part of the formula water. As can be seen in the vinegar I used today, that is how much should be used to get the milk sour. Since I used whole milk today in the experiment, I will continue using this whole milk, so the oil will then have to be adjusted. There is 8 grams of fat, in the milk that I used today.
LOL, every time I see all those numbers you do calculations for, it does bring me tears of joy, because I donít have to do the calculations.
I guess I never understood numbers enough, and just dread dealing with numbers, unless it is something simple like bookkeeping.
Yes, I do plan to use the same formula you set-forth at: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,11044.msg102799.html#msg102799
and using the KABF at 92.5% of the blend and using the rest of the blend of KAWW at 7.5% .
I donít plan on using any garlic powder now.
I did another test on the milk, vinegar, and baking soda, again, because I was wondering if my baking soda or apple cider yeast might be weakening. Usually when apple cider vinegar gets old, it get a mother and although it didnít have a mother, I thought I needed to purchase some new apple cider vinegar because I soon would need some anyway. I also purchased some new baking soda, in case the other baking soda was weakening. I also bought some whole milk, because it also contains more fat.
This time when I did the test, I used my scales at home to weight the ingredients. The whole milk was weighed at 49 grams, apple cider vinegar at 6 grams and the baking soda weight was measured at 3 grams.
1. Whole Milk
2. Milk curdled or sour with added vinegar
3. Added baking soda to mixture of curdled or sour milk. Mixture was then foaming.
Usually when I make this mixture for cookies, cake or bread I just measure the milk and soda the recipe calls for and then just sour or curdle the milk, with vinegar, all in volume measurements. I know for this experiment for the modified Ultra-Thin parbaked skin, I will need to do more accurate measurements.