A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: More flavour in dough  (Read 252556 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: More flavour in dough
« Reply #3180 on: Yesterday at 08:35:01 PM »
Norma,

The irony is that a straight mix was my starting point. If I had nailed it in as many attempts as I tried, I would have stayed with it and been like everyone else.  :-[

Now having said that, I really do like what I ended up with. Even when it's not working 100%. Right now my efforts are leaning towards being able to repeat with more and more consistency. Kind of like a one-man process quality control effort. I eat the evidence.    ;D

Roy

Roy,

Wow, about starting with a straight mix.  I can see why you might have stayed with it, but then didn't.  It's good you like to experiment.  Glad to hear you do like what you ended up with.  Best of luck with more and more consistency.  Yes, does sound like a one-man quality control effort.  Wonderful that you can eat the evidence.   >:D

I wish I could go back to some of the experiments that were done a long time ago to see if I got better at dough making, or liked those doughs better.  I have enough problems at market with trying to keep 2 kinds of dough about the same with the heat, humidity in the summer and the long cold winter months.  :-D

Norma

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3181 on: Today at 08:55:50 AM »
Roy,

Wow, about starting with a straight mix.  I can see why you might have stayed with it, but then didn't.  It's good you like to experiment.  Glad to hear you do like what you ended up with.  Best of luck with more and more consistency.  Yes, does sound like a one-man quality control effort.  Wonderful that you can eat the evidence.   >:D

I wish I could go back to some of the experiments that were done a long time ago to see if I got better at dough making, or liked those doughs better.  I have enough problems at market with trying to keep 2 kinds of dough about the same with the heat, humidity in the summer and the long cold winter months.  :-D

Norma
Norma,

I have the same feeling about some of the things I've tried in the past and want to re-try in the future. Some things I have even done, like sifting and autolyze-like hydration periods, Ice Water batches, etc. Even if something bombs, I get to look at my regimen from a different angle and learn something.

Roy
Embrace the challenge. Do not accept difficult as impossible. Enjoy the journey. Become your own pizza memory.

(Please assume all appropriate genre identification disclaimers as rendered.)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3182 on: Today at 10:25:42 AM »
Norma,

I have the same feeling about some of the things I've tried in the past and want to re-try in the future. Some things I have even done, like sifting and autolyze-like hydration periods, Ice Water batches, etc. Even if something bombs, I get to look at my regimen from a different angle and learn something.

Roy

Roy,

Good to experiment.  You are right that even if something bombs, it can be looked at a different angle and things can be learned.

Norma

Online invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #3183 on: Today at 12:45:56 PM »
Norma, the sauce for your market slices is still 100% based on Saporito, correct? Or are you adding in 7/11 or similar?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3184 on: Today at 02:42:23 PM »
Norma, the sauce for your market slices is still 100% based on Saporito, correct? Or are you adding in 7/11 or similar?

Ryan,

Yes, the NY style pizzas still use the Saporito with basil.  Sometimes do add 7/11's.  The sauce then doesn't taste a lot different.  Haven't had anyone noticed the difference when adding 7/11's, but I do like the 7/11's added.  Sauce for market is a tiny bit on the sweet side.

Norma

wordpress