A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: My Sicilian  (Read 444 times)

Offline mdiberardino

• It's just pizza
My Sicilian
« on: January 09, 2021, 10:03:24 AM »
Finally decided to ditch the oil in the dough (especially because it drinks up all the EVOO that coats the pan during proof and bake) and results were more than I could ask for.  Struck gold.  77% hydration; 3 day CF; 6 hour RT proof; homemade aged/dried mooz.

Also, living in a predominantly Asian community, I have easy access to Thai Basil and that's what you see in these pics.  I have to say, I quite love the sweeter, more citrus-y notes it brings.

Offline nickyr

Re: My Sicilian
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 03:45:16 PM »
Beautiful!

Online scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 04:00:50 PM »
yeah nice crumb!

Offline dasabonis

• Windsor Pizza is still the best
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 03:12:28 PM »
This pizza looks beautiful. Can you please let me know how long you let the dough rise in the pan? Or did you stretch in pan and bake right away? Also, did you parbake?

Offline mdiberardino

• It's just pizza
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 11:21:39 PM »
This pizza looks beautiful. Can you please let me know how long you let the dough rise in the pan? Or did you stretch in pan and bake right away? Also, did you parbake?

Dough sits for an hour on the counter before I drop it in the oiled pan. Then over the course of the next hour I stretch it out every 20 minutes or so. After that I just leave it for 3-4 hours depending on ambient temp.

I bake the dough naked under the broiler on middle rack for 8-10 minutes until itís well browned across the top. Then I take it out, dress it, finish off baking at 450 for another 10Ė12 minutes. Depending on how well the bottom browned, Iíll decide if I then drop it on the hot steel for a minute to further crisp the booty.

A great video that taught me a lot is of Audrey Jane doing an interview with Pizza Today. She discusses at length the advice that John Arena gave her and she passes it on that clip. Great stuff.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress