A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Victory Pig Style Pizza - Northeastern PA  (Read 149089 times)

Offline mkoss

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Victory Pig Style Pizza - Northeastern PA
« Reply #400 on: December 17, 2018, 02:47:35 PM »
Sorry Genoa Foods in Plains. It might be better since your in the area to get the 40 lb block and split and ship to those interested. Just a suggestion

Offline NepaBill

« Reply #401 on: December 17, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »
The place I shop at is called City Mager..  It's another pizza supply business much like Genoa Supply..  It's only about 5 minutes from Genoa Supply..  City Mager will sell that same cheese in 5lb pieces..  I buy it all the time.

Offline mkoss

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #402 on: December 17, 2018, 03:52:53 PM »
i picked up the sommermaid last time in the area. Have you compared the land of lakes with the Genoa brand? I will have to try city mager once in the area again

Offline NepaBill

« Reply #403 on: December 17, 2018, 06:47:58 PM »
I did try that one time..  I didn't like it as much..  I thought it was less creamy and less tasty than Land O'Lakes..  If you're in the area swing by City Mager..  Check their hours, not open late..  You can also get great prices on spices, Stanislaus and Escalon tomato products.

Offline mkoss

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #404 on: December 30, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
I looked for a listing of products they have but doesn't seem to show one in pdf format as does Genoa foods in Plains

Offline NepaBill

« Reply #405 on: December 30, 2018, 10:09:22 AM »
Their website is not impressive or updated..  They cater to businesses..  They are awesome to deal with..  You can always call and ask them..  I was just there yesterday for Land O'lakes cheddar..  Almost 6 pounds  of cheese for $14 and change..

Offline zoe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #406 on: January 21, 2019, 11:26:56 AM »
s_b,

Thanks for saying you agree with Peter that the amount of tomato sauce affected the full baking of the crust.  I will see how it goes next week.  Looking forward to being able to make your clone VP pizza.  :)

Norma

I just joined the forum and want to that steel_baker and everyone else for all of their info.  Also, Norma, your questions have been a huge help. In fact, I think that the VP pizza could use a bit more sauce. So last night I was heavy handed with the sauce and got a similar result with the crust. I am going to try another round tomorrow.

As well, per the Citizen Voice pictures of the VP kitchen and the can of tomato puree, I found Genoa Foods in Plains, PA? Has anyone tried this? I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL now so I do not have the liberty to check. (I grew up in the Back Mountain.)

Much gratitude to everyone for the photos and tips,

Zoe :) 

Offline NepaBill

« Reply #407 on: January 21, 2019, 01:31:36 PM »
I've been to Genoa in Wilkes Barre many times..  Nice place, great people..  What you looking for, anything special?

Offline zoe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2019, 12:11:45 PM »
I've been to Genoa in Wilkes Barre many times..  Nice place, great people..  What you looking for, anything special?

Their heavy tomato puree that is in the Citizen's Voice photo.

Offline NepaBill

« Reply #409 on: January 28, 2019, 03:53:34 AM »
I've never tried any of their own branded labels...  I wonder who is producing them ?  I will definitely have to give a try..  I found this image on the Genoa Foods website. 

Offline zoe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2019, 05:59:25 PM »
I've never tried any of their own branded labels...  I wonder who is producing them ?  I will definitely have to give a try..  I found this image on the Genoa Foods website.

Thanks NepaBill! Please let me know if you try them.  ;)

Offline NepaBill

« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2019, 07:04:28 PM »
I will..  I'd like to give it a try..  Did u see the extra heavy puree in the article?

Offline zoe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #412 on: February 09, 2019, 08:04:39 PM »
It is in the Citizen's Voice or Times Leader photo.

Here is the link: http://citizensvoice.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=41627841&event=1464320&CategoryID=48892

Offline zoe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #413 on: February 09, 2019, 08:08:13 PM »
I have tried steel_baker's recipe almost seven times however my dough does deflates after I remove the plastic wrap and then does not puff up in the oven. I live in South Florida. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am so sad.  :-X

Offline Lawnguy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2019, 01:29:32 PM »
You don't need to cover it with plastic. I press the dough out into the pan after I remove from the mixer. Flip it over and let it rest for 30 minutes. Press it out a little further and flip so oil side is up and let rest again for 30 minutes. After the second 30 minute rest I press it out again but don't flip this time. By this time the dough should be close to filling the whole pan. Let it rest again for 30 minutes and one final press to make sure the crust is formed and filling the pan. Let it rest for an hour then top and bake.

Hope that helps.

Offline mkoss

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2019, 09:21:52 PM »
I do a cold rise overnight and place in the pan in the morning on top of the peanut oil and stretch so it nearly fills the pan. My pan has a plastic cover i can place on it to let it rise and fill the pan till I'm ready to top and bake in the evening.

wordpress