• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: 2AMYS
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:31 PM »
Pupatella,

Beautiful pies in your pictures.

CL
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 10:56:53 AM »
Thanks for the shout out --K, why didn't you say hi, we didn't even know you stopped by!!  We love Pizzablogger!!

Thanks for the mention.

I generally do not try to make a mention of "who I am" when in a pizzeria. In fact, the whole blog thing makes me uncomfortable and those that know me know I constantly tinker with just nuking the whole stupid pizzablogger site all together.

You are busy enough running a pizzeria and making good pies to have too many people butting their noses in your business. Keep up the good work. --K
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline soflnoles

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 04:24:48 PM »
Thanks for the shout out --K, why didn't you say hi, we didn't even know you stopped by!!  We love Pizzablogger!!
You don't have to wait till Da Marco opens to try a real Neapolitan pizza, come by Pupatella!!!

Don't get to Virginia much living in Clarksburg and having a one year old boy but I will get there this summer.  Looks fantastic.

Offline plainslicer

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 09:30:56 AM »
I finally had Pupatella on Saturday evening. It was great. As much as I've stuck up for 2Amy's in the past I must say Pupatella totally blew it out of the water.

I believe this was my first one minute pizza (timed 1m8s) anywhere. I had the Margherita with buffala mozz. I also really liked the fact that you order at the counter and seat yourself.

So, Pupatella, great job and keep it up.

Offline Duane

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »
I am somewhat surprised at the negative comments on 2Amys.  I have been there 5 or 6 times and have always enjoyed the pizza. It is usually too crowded but like the patio out back and usually request sitting out there.  Even had a pizza once that had green tomatoes and an egg on top.  Enjoyed it but never saw it on the menu again. Unfortunately it is not close to a Metro stop.  Nice place to visit if visiting the National Cathedral. Pizza Presidido is my other favorite in DC.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Offline first crush

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 10:45:40 PM »
I've visited 2 Amy's a few times, and these pies look nothing like the pies I've had there...these look smaller, puffier, and definitely undercooked.  Too bad...they used to have a pretty nice product.  Hopefully they'll get their mojo back.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »
I am somewhat surprised at the negative comments on 2Amys.  I have been there 5 or 6 times and have always enjoyed the pizza. It is usually too crowded but like the patio out back and usually request sitting out there.  Even had a pizza once that had green tomatoes and an egg on top.  Enjoyed it but never saw it on the menu again. Unfortunately it is not close to a Metro stop.  Nice place to visit if visiting the National Cathedral. Pizza Presidido is my other favorite in DC.

I ate at Pizza Paridisio also when I was in DC on the same trip. It was so bad, I never even posted on it. It was like overcooked topped cardboard.

I'll post the pics later.

CL
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage