A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Tried Guy Fieriís Deep-Fried Pizza  (Read 8962 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
Re: Tried Guy Fieriís Deep-Fried Pizza
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 07:18:29 AM »

Ay Yo, waiting for Don From Mexico to tell us about a empanada. The Spanish know something about this.  Guy does not get to much respect in the world of Chefdom. But Anthony Bourdain does.

I think this was around 2000 when he had his first show. Scots and the deep fried slice. Absolutely horrid, but you are going to eat it....  ;D

At about 3:30 in. Battered pizza.

Enjoy.... :chef:

SinoChef,

Thanks for referencing Anthony Bourdain video with the deep-fried pizza.  :) I did enjoy the video. I enjoy watching all the foods that Bourdain tries, but never saw that video from Scotland.  I wonder how Craig wants me to go about deep-frying a slice of pizza since I watched that video.  ::)  Bourdain says the Scots only batter the cheese side.  I have also tried deep-fried candy when I had my Funnel Cake stand. Bourdain tried Mars bars, but I only tried Snickerís and Milky Ways.  There were good in my opinion batter fried. 

I also wonder about using  empanada shells.  I do make  empanadas sometimes and can imagine how good a pizza made inside of an empanada shell would taste.  I donít make my own empanada shells but buy Spanish frozen shells when I made the empanadas.  Maybe Don will come up with some more original ideas for a pizza in an empanada shell.  He is good at coming up with new inventions for pizza.  I have one of those pampered chef little things for making other things that can be deep-fried, but havenít used it for awhile.  It would make a little calzone.

Norma
Norma,
That is salivating to even look at! I wish this stuff was super healthy too,would eat it all the time!
 :-D

Nice job,thanks for sharing!
 :)

Bill,

I wish the deep-fried pizza was more healthy too.  :) I would eat it more.  My daughter had shared some of the deep-fried pizza I made Thursday.  There one deep-fried pizza leftover last evening.  She put it in the oven on aluminum foil and said it tasted just like the evening I made them, so at least the deep-fried pizza can reheat well.  I would have taken a picture of the reheated deep-fried pizza but she said you arenít going to take another picture of pizza are you.  :-D

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 09:41:51 PM »
Personally, I'd say batter the whole thing - but we're kind of that way down here.

We'd call it "chicken fried pizza"

Craig
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Ronzo

• Beer, Whiskey, Jeeps n' Pizza...
    • LenTex Brewery
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 09:47:28 PM »
Personally, I'd say batter the whole thing - but we're kind of that way down here.

Craig
+1
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://lentexbrew.com - http://pinterest.com/LenTexBrew

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »

Craig

Craig I will be probably trying the your fried pizza out later this week.  Hopefully it will turn out okay this time.   :-D 

Norma

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress