A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Buffalo Chicken Pizza  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Ev

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:27:20 AM »
I baked a pie in Normas' deck oven yesterday. She'd get mad at me if I didn't post a picture, so here it is. Actually, I was testing a new sauce recipe I came up with. I started with Bertolli creamy alfredo, to which I added minced garlic, red pepper and a couple spoonfuls of cranberry sauce to compliment the heat of the peppers. The chicken was marinated in McCormacks "Grill Mates" Mesquite, grilled, cut and re-marinated. I used one of Normas' preferment Lehmann doughs for a 16 inch pie. Sorry, no crumb shot.
When I die, I want my remains scattered all over Disney World. Also, I don't want to be cremated!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
Re: Buffalo Chicken Pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
I baked a pie in Normas' deck oven yesterday. She'd get mad at me if I didn't post a picture, so here it is. Actually, I was testing a new sauce recipe I came up with. I started with Bertolli creamy alfredo, to which I added minced garlic, red pepper and a couple spoonfuls of cranberry sauce to compliment the heat of the peppers. The chicken was marinated in McCormacks "Grill Mates" Mesquite, grilled, cut and re-marinated. I used one of Normas' preferment Lehmann doughs for a 16 inch pie. Sorry, no crumb shot.

I can vouch for how good Steveís new recipe for dressings went on his pizza.  Steve first got me to taste the secret ingredients in the Alfredo sauce.  I could taste hot, but yet sweetness.  I couldnít guess what the ingredients were that he added.  The Mesquite chicken in combination with the secret sauce was a great combination.  ;D  Steve added chopped chives after the bake.  The taste of that pizza still haunts me. 

Steve, why would I get mad at you if you didnít post the pictures.  ::) You are always coming up with creative dressings and ideas, but you always donít post them.  When did I ever get mad at you?

Norma

Offline Ev

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »
Was just kidding, Norma, but look! You're getting mad now, aren't ya!? >:D
When I die, I want my remains scattered all over Disney World. Also, I don't want to be cremated!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 05:35:21 PM »
Was just kidding, Norma, but look! You're getting mad now, aren't ya!? >:D

Steve,

No, I am not getting mad now.  Just keep coming up with those good ideas for dressings.  Even your cancer awareness dressing was great yesterday on the new style Greek pizza you made.   ;D

Norma
aka doughy dalai lama..at least that is what Dave called me.  :-D

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:39:39 AM »
That is a beautiful pizza, thanks for posting pics and the sauce recipe.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:23:27 PM »
Steve, that pie is absolutely beautiful.

Craig
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage