A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Aromatic Embers  (Read 7041 times)

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
  • A heaven without pizza would have limited appeal
Re: Aromatic Embers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:47:28 AM »
I do not have any knowledge of this company or product. However, I do note that they are from Australia, which prompted me to submit this reply.

There is another group from Australia that is now selling their ovens on Ebay. Their name is GOLDEN EMBERS. I assume they have no relationship to the other vendor.

If anyone is looking for a wood burning oven, and becomes interested in a GOLDEN EMBERS oven, in my opinion you need to be very, very careful!

I purchased an oven from them about 4 years ago. It turned out to be an absolute disaster and about a $4000 loss. Golden Embers turned out to be, in my opinion,  dishonorable and acted shamefully. At the time, I learned (after my order--which was prepaid in full) that there were others who had problems with them.
In any event, just a note warning that my experience with Golden Embers Ovens was simply terrible, and buyers should be really careful when dealing with them .

pizza guts

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:13:33 AM »
In May I bought a small oven from Aromatic Embers. It is like the one pictured but I have slightly different handles on my one (by request).  Aromatic Embers are a different group to the Golden Embers people. Golden embers do more industrial types of ovens. My experience with Aromatic embers was really good - I love my oven and don't have anything negative to say. The guy I deal with was the designer and manufacturer. He was really flexible with the look of the oven without charging any extra, and I thought the prices were really good.  Even though I have the smaller oven, it still has a large flu on it, which makes it draw really well. I cook on the stone and have great pizzas within a few minutes.  Am happy to send though my photos.

Offline pizzacaterer

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »
Our personal experience with Aromatic Embers was dangerously disappointing.   

Offline embers

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 11:36:33 PM »
What James Difede fails to note here is that his oven was damaged on delivery by the shipper. That he had not purchased insurance, but still managed to obtain a full payout from the shipper for the value (he is a solicitor), which means he was not out of pocket as claimed.

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:33:19 AM »
Ahh.......Nigel strikes again. As I have said elsewhere, my experience may or may not be unique, so take this as my opinion only----just make sure if you are dealing with Golden Embers or this gentleman that you act as a cautious consumer. I wish I had, and I am sure that the other Golden Embers consumer who contacted me with a nearly identical experience to mine wished so as well.
Jim

Offline embers

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 07:47:06 AM »
Ahh.......Nigel strikes again. As I have said elsewhere, my experience may or may not be unique, so take this as my opinion only----just make sure if you are dealing with Golden Embers or this gentleman that you act as a cautious consumer. I wish I had, and I am sure that the other Golden Embers consumer who contacted me with a nearly identical experience to mine wished so as well.
Jim
Hello Jim, I do not dispute that your experience was less than desirable, but I do believe that you did get fully reimbursed for the oven damaged in transit (on delivery) by the carrier in question, or at least that was certainly what was stated in our correspondence at the time; please correct me if I am wrong. That said, we have learned a lot about the mechanics of scheduling, export and shipping over the past several years and have refined the processes and procedures that gave rise to the problems that you ultimately experienced; amongst other things we have a reliable and affordable US based insurer, and international freight agents. We have been restructured and relocated since we last corresponded, but my phone number is still the same, and would more than gladly discuss anything about ovens with you, or drop by when next in the USA, if you are still open to that.
Nigel

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 08:58:01 AM »
Nigel:

Your offer is a gracious one. If you actually are willing to reimburse me for the nearly $500 gas assist system that I paid for and never received, I would be willing to call it even. Feel free to PM me, as we are probably clogging the board at this point with a matter best addressed between the two of us.
Jim

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 09:03:53 PM »
Just wanted to note that Golden Embers never contacted me again after I publicly asked them to return the five hundred dollars I sent them for a gas assist system and which they admit was never shipped. In my opinion, Golden Embers and its principal, Nigel Pettit, stole the money.

I am posting this several years after my prior post just in case Golden Embers is still in business. If so, best for a consumer to be aware.
Jim