A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Some advice please.  (Read 61 times)

Offline sportyone

• I Love Pizza!
Some advice please.
« on: Yesterday at 04:10:25 PM »
Hi
I'm a total novice here, done a lot of reading here as I hope to open a pizzeria at some point. I am using the following recipe for hot press skin forming, which is why I have used 6% oil to reduce snapback.
Does this appear ok.
Hydration 56%
Yeast  .5%
Salt  .5%
Sugar 2%
Oil 6%
I made a batch of 12 balls at 12oz in a planetary mixer as per Tom's procedure, with a final dough temp of 63f, balled and cross stacked for 2 hours in cold room then nested. I measured my cold room at 45f as it is used for beer kegs and drinks. Is it cold enough for cold fermenting.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:01:19 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Some advice please.
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:01:12 PM »
45F would be considered as marginal for CF but if you limit the CF time to something less than 48-hours you should be OK.
Send some pics showing the same dough balls after 24, 36 and 48-hours in the cooler.
The use of oil in a pressed dough will certainly help the dough flow out under the pressure of the press head but it really won't address any snap-back/shrinkage/dough memory after pressing. For that you will need to add some dead yeast (RS-190)or PZ-44. Either one will effectively address the dough memory issues experienced with press forming the dough skins.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor