Author Topic: Napolitan verace pizza with natural yeast  (Read 36543 times)

Offline SAUZER.ITALY

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Napolitan verace pizza with natural yeast
« Reply #325 on: November 24, 2016, 06:08:37 AM »
I know it is just me, but the combination of very fine looking Pizza, the table cloth, just needs to be accompanied with a glass of red wine, my choice here would be a Masi Campofiorin, we have a limited range of Italian wines available unfortunately, but that is one of my favourite wines.
Well done, I have to start the dough and light the fire again!

How many pizza do you make at a time? I make pizza for the two of us, a couple of balls, maybe 4 when friends are over, 70 year olds don't eat that much . . . . But we are KEEN

Cheers

Thanks .. It 'a nice thought and a great pairing, pizza and wine get married (to my taste) better than pizza and beer.
I normally do I match the pizza in white wine Verdicchio di Matelica or a Chardonnay. Then, if the pizza sauce is strong with sausage or cheese .. then a nice Chianti or Pinot Noir.
  Normally I do not do more than 8/10 for the evening pizzas.

Offline cassio

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2016, 11:06:14 AM »
Hello friends

I've been making pizzas for 1-2 years.

I have a doubt and I want each one of you to tell me your personal opinion.

I have the starter model table from this forum.

My 3 questions are:

1) How do you calculate the BULK fermentation time (dough fermentation) ? What is your goal or end line? To double the dough's size? Triple? Or what?
2) How do you calculate the PROOF fermentation time (ball fermentation) ?
3) When you use the STARTER MODEL TABLE from this forum, the total fermentation time is BULK + PROOF ?

Thanks!

Offline SAUZER.ITALY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2016, 03:31:04 AM »
Hi Cassio.
You have a good question. ;D
The first fermentation depends on the product that you want to obtain. If you do not have a proper oven is useless to a very hydrated dough, the fermentation times depend on the type of meal you want to use, (flour force) there are many variables. A regular flour from 240/280 watts good for a 18/24 hours.
The amount of yeast and salt I do not use tables, I set with the temperature. Consequently, the time between the first and second fermentation (balls) is related to what I have written before.

Offline corkd

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2016, 09:43:31 AM »
Hello friends

I've been making pizzas for 1-2 years.

I have a doubt and I want each one of you to tell me your personal opinion.

I have the starter model table from this forum.

My 3 questions are:

1) How do you calculate the BULK fermentation time (dough fermentation) ? What is your goal or end line? To double the dough's size? Triple? Or what?
2) How do you calculate the PROOF fermentation time (ball fermentation) ?
3) When you use the STARTER MODEL TABLE from this forum, the total fermentation time is BULK + PROOF ?

Thanks!
I use the starter model with total ferm time = bulk + proof.
Also, if it's any help to you I use this calculator on iPad :
http://pizzautility.makebendrink.com/

Offline cassio

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #329 on: December 08, 2016, 10:56:01 AM »
I use the starter model with total ferm time = bulk + proof.
Also, if it's any help to you I use this calculator on iPad :
http://pizzautility.makebendrink.com/

Ok, but how do you calculate how many hours from the total fermentation time will be for BULK and for PROOF,

Example. With 10% natural yeast, at a certain temperature, I will need 12 hours of fermentation. How do I divide the 12 hours for bulk(dough rise) and proof (ball rise) ? 6/6, 8/4, 10/2, 1/11 ?

Offline vtsteve

• Supporting Member
« Reply #330 on: December 08, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »
You want to make sure enough time passes after balling for the gluten to relax; time beyond that *can* be bulk. For 12 hours or less, I would ball after mixing. If you try 24 hours total, it would be 12 hours bulk + 12 balled, etc.

The actual times depend on *your* dough strength - these are examples only, so you need to see what works for *you*. If the dough is hard to open, spend more time in balls. If they flatten more than you like, ball closer to the time of use.
In grams we trust.

Offline cassio

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #331 on: December 08, 2016, 01:45:33 PM »
You want to make sure enough time passes after balling for the gluten to relax; time beyond that *can* be bulk. For 12 hours or less, I would ball after mixing. If you try 24 hours total, it would be 12 hours bulk + 12 balled, etc.

The actual times depend on *your* dough strength - these are examples only, so you need to see what works for *you*. If the dough is hard to open, spend more time in balls. If they flatten more than you like, ball closer to the time of use.

Yeah!!

Thanks for elucidating this little doubt!

Offline SAUZER.ITALY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #332 on: Today at 04:54:16 AM »
HI !!  Yesterday for lunch we had a nice true pizza.
I increased the amount of LM because the outside temperature was very low. -4 °.
1000 gr caputo pizzeria, LM 85 grams, 30 grams salt, 4 hours of autolysis, 5 hours before fermentation, fermentation last 15 hours.
Cooking 60/70 seconds.
Next week will put the "biscuit SAPUTO" on the hob. I put the photos. :pizza: