Author Topic: Adapting for UK flour?  (Read 232 times)

Offline aamcle

• I Love Pizza!
Adapting for UK flour?
« on: September 03, 2016, 01:22:38 PM »
Evening All.

I'm in the UK and UK flour is ground not cut like US flour, I know this makes a big difference making cakes but does it make any difference to pizza crusts and if it does how do I adjust the recipes to allow to it?

I rather please with my self, my latest pie came out more or less round with a distinct  crust and a crunchy base, although to make it easy on myself put it together on a bit of foil so it didn't stick on the peel.

Thanks.   Aamcle

Offline Jackitup

• Supporting Member
Re: Adapting for UK flour?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 02:48:41 PM »
A good question to put on Tom's (The Dough Doctor) thread over here....http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?board=65.0  You'll want to provide your flour specs

jon
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline aamcle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 02:52:04 PM »
I'll have it look them up. Thanks.   Aamcle

Offline Pab

• Pizza Please.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 03:35:03 PM »
Evening All.

I'm in the UK and UK flour is ground not cut like US flour, I know this makes a big difference making cakes but does it make any difference to pizza crusts and if it does how do I adjust the recipes to allow to it?

I rather please with my self, my latest pie came out more or less round with a distinct  crust and a crunchy base, although to make it easy on myself put it together on a bit of foil so it didn't stick on the peel.

Thanks.   Aamcle

Hello Aamcle,

It is if you can source and find it.I have come across Wessex Mill and have excellent results for style Neo Pizza. Also i rate as a all rounder, Allison's strong 00 for any gig and is found in any store.
Do your homework and you will find it.

Pab.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:39:56 PM by Pab »

Offline aamcle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 03:53:46 PM »
Allison's that I can get :)

Thanks. Sorted.

Aamcle

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 04:23:34 PM »
Aamcle,

You might want to check out the UK flour supply companies and their flours in this thread:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=40212.0

Peter