A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Desano Neapolitan Pizza  (Read 331 times)

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Desano Neapolitan Pizza
« on: February 23, 2017, 02:17:25 PM »
My plan was the new Bufalina Duo, but even though the opening time is given online as 11:00, at the door it is 12:30.  Ah well, this place was down the street and new so we went there.  I think it is a small chain, but not sure.  Bright and open minimal decoration, picnic tables, etc.

We ordered :

DESANO
San Marzano tomato sauce, sausage, pepperoni, garlic, scamorza, mozzarella di bufala, pecorino romano 11" $15.50

MARGHERITA D.O.P.
San Marzano tomato sauce, basil, garlic, scamorza, mozzarella di bufala, pecorino romano 11" $12.00

POMODORINI
Vesuvian cherry tomato, basil, garlic, scamorza, mozzarella di bufala, pecorino romano 11" $13.00

They were all very good, but the crust was a little bit crisp on the bottom, not much, but a little.  I folded it like NY, not a purse.  Cooktime was right there, I did not time it, but it was Neapolitan times.

Overall, if Bufalina or Pieous is an option, I would choose them.  If you like Neapolitan more in theory than in texture, then this is the place for you.  Four out of 5 stars.

Tom

P.S.  I was with clients, so no photos.  There are plenty online, but it was good looking pizza, too.

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
Re: Desano Neapolitan Pizza
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
Their version of a DOP Magherita seems like a bit of an insult to anyone that knows what it's supposed to be?

So possibly .001% of their potential customers  ;D

Offline Mindflux

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 12:45:28 PM »
Been meaning to get here but I hear the pies are pricey.

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 06:22:08 PM »
I had DeSano when I was in LA in 2014 and was not a fan of the pizza. Had the generic taste a lot of fast casual places seem to have...

And at those prices, you're better off going to your local Neapolitan place (which I think most cities have now...)

wordpress