A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: USA Caputo Cup 2017 - Pizza & Pasta Northeast   (Read 2765 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: USA Caputo Cup 2017 - Pizza & Pasta Northeast 
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2017, 08:42:48 AM »
I didn't get to see this non-traditional pizza up close, but this is a photo of the Volcano pizza.  :o I had tried to get closer to see what it really looked like but it was quickly taken to the judges.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »
Will Grant from “That's A Some Pizza” tells how he made his award winning sourdough pizza.  Will won first place in the Non-traditional style at the Caputo Cup.

The sourdough was fermented for 72 hrs. in the refrigerator.  Will's dough looks very fermented.  I did get to talk to Will and he was a very nice man but didn't get to taste his pizza.  Wish I could have.  The Gorgonzola dressing sounds very interesting if the video is watched.  Another great tip from Will in the video is “less is more” on a pizza.  Might have to try Will's formula for his dough but use the Ischia starter.  Wonder how that would work.

http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/entertainment/television/programs/new-day-northwest/award-winning-sourdough-gorgonzola-pizza/281-508442272

Click the right arrow on the photo of the pizza if you want to watch the video.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 09:26:21 PM »
Is there anyone that can convert Will's formula into baker's percentages so it could be scaled down? I don't want to make Will's whole formula the first time it is tried.  The Ischia/milk kefir starter has been fed again and seems okay to used.  It has been in the fridge since October.

Norma

A D V E R T I S E M E N T