Author Topic: Chicago Metallic deep dish pizza pans  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Mike G

• I Love Pizza!
Chicago Metallic deep dish pizza pans
« on: September 13, 2005, 06:19:31 PM »
Hi, Has anybody used deep dish pizza pans by Chicago Metallic?

Offline majshakman

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Chicago Metallic deep dish pizza pans
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 03:09:20 PM »
Wondering the same...

I saw them on somebody's youtube video.  I would love to get hold of the same pan they use at one of my favorites (Lou's, Riccobenne's, Gino's) and wonder how close these are.

Offline davioh2001

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 08:57:58 AM »
I have this pan on my Amazon wish list but I saw another brand that has holes in the bottom and I wonder if that would do a better job of preventing a soggy crust? 
http://amzn.com/B009NLK7AK/?tag=pmak-20

Offline lloydrep

• Vendor
  • Robert Johnson
    • LloydPans.com
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 07:21:25 PM »
We have sold hundreds of these pans on Amazon and have only had 3-4 returned. The pan does allow steam to escape and because the holes are raised, any oils in the bottom do not spill out. Other features include a permanent release coating that does not need any seasoning, will never chip of flake off and it is metal utensil safe. It bakes hot so browning is easily achieved.

You can try the pan out with a 30 day satisfaction return policy when you buy from lloydpanskitchenware.com
This is LloydPans retail website for consumers.
I work at the LloydPans manufacturing plant. Questions are welcome concerning our products and their use. We also own pizzatools.com and sell the same products at both websites.

Offline kfrancis10

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 03:05:35 PM »
I have them.  i have the 14inch and 9inch sizes.  They have been great for me.  Deep dish style pops right out for me, easy to clean.  My wife will even take the 9inch and bake cakes.  Hope that helps. 

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 06:14:36 PM »
If you buy the pans from Lloyd Pans don't forget to spend a couple of extra bucks on their deep-dish pan gripper, it works great for holding the pan and flipping the baked pizza up in the pan so you can slide a spatula under the pizza to guide it out of the pan.
By the way, the finish on those pans is INDESTRUCTABLE.
Do keep in mind that while oil is not needed in these pans for release you will probably still want to use some oil in the pan to achieve the desired fried crust characteristic common to deep-dish pizzas, then after using the pan it can be either wiped out with a clean towel and put away for future use, or it can be washed in the sink along with your other dishes without harm or damage (don't try this with a seasoned pan as it will soon destroy the seasoning causing it to peel off)
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline lloydrep

• Vendor
  • Robert Johnson
    • LloydPans.com
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 07:40:10 PM »
Well said, Tom!
I work at the LloydPans manufacturing plant. Questions are welcome concerning our products and their use. We also own pizzatools.com and sell the same products at both websites.