A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pete-zaa......I Broke ALL the rules!  (Read 5463 times)

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
Re: Pete-zaa......I Broke ALL the rules!
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 06:01:38 AM »
You guys are killing me, I'm LMAO! :-D :-D :-D
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: TXCraig1......I Broke ALL the rules!
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 08:50:55 AM »
Craig,

I changed the topic heading for this post because I wanted to tell you that I recently broke ALL of the rules pertaining to Neapolitan style pizzas when I bought and baked a frozen Classic Margherita pizza from Home Run Inn. And I baked it in my standard electric home oven, no less. My friends who sampled the pizza said that they heard of you and asked if I also had an Acunto oven in my garage or maybe on my deck. When I told them no--they even checked my garage and deck to be sure--they then asked if maybe I had purchased the pizza from Jay's Cane Rosso pizzeria in Dallas and reheated it in my home oven. Again, the answer was no. But, to a person, we all felt that the HRI Margherita pizza was sooooo goooood, and so authentic. Maybe that is why they call it a "Classic Margherita" pizza.

I hate to break the bad news to you that you wasted so much money on your Acunto oven, plus all the wood that you need for your oven, when you could have simply stocked your freezer with frozen HRI Margherita pizzas, or maybe other comparable brands. But I guess you live and learn, huh?

My next order of business is to use the ingredients list and Nutrition Facts from the HRI website for the Margherita pizza (http://www.homeruninnpizza.com/frozen-pizza/details?alias=margherita) and try to clone that pizza. That way, I can break even some more rules and, at the same time, show my friends fresh unbaked Margherita pizzas that are baked in my home electric oven and are as good as those that come out of an Acunto oven. I'm sure they will be begging me for the dough formulation. Of course, it will be in baker's percent format.

Peter

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 08:59:01 AM »
Now I'm LMAO even more! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »
Craig,

I changed the topic heading for this post because I wanted to tell you that I recently broke ALL of the rules pertaining to Neapolitan style pizzas when I bought and baked a frozen Classic Margherita pizza from Home Run Inn. And I baked it in my standard electric home oven, no less. My friends who sampled the pizza said that they heard of you and asked if I also had an Acunto oven in my garage or maybe on my deck. When I told them no--they even checked my garage and deck to be sure--they then asked if maybe I had purchased the pizza from Jay's Cane Rosso pizzeria in Dallas and reheated it in my home oven. Again, the answer was no. But, to a person, we all felt that the HRI Margherita pizza was sooooo goooood, and so authentic. Maybe that is why they call it a "Classic Margherita" pizza.

I hate to break the bad news to you that you wasted so much money on your Acunto oven, plus all the wood that you need for your oven, when you could have simply stocked your freezer with frozen HRI Margherita pizzas, or maybe other comparable brands. But I guess you live and learn, huh?

My next order of business is to use the ingredients list and Nutrition Facts from the HRI website for the Margherita pizza (http://www.homeruninnpizza.com/frozen-pizza/details?alias=margherita) and try to clone that pizza. That way, I can break even some more rules and, at the same time, show my friends fresh unbaked Margherita pizzas that are baked in my home electric oven and are as good as those that come out of an Acunto oven. I'm sure they will be begging me for the dough formulation. Of course, it will be in baker's percent format.

Peter

Peter,

Lol, I for one will be waiting for you Classic Margherita pizza clone formulation.  I also donít have a WFO or a great Acunto oven like Craig does, so it sure will be interesting to see your final formulation.  I also would really like to be able to make a real tasting Neapolitan pie at home as I am sure other members might also want to try. 

Great to hear your guests thought your Neapolitan pie was so good.  ;D Your post sure was a good one!  :-D If you canít do it no one can.  Good luck!

Norma

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »
That loud noise was the sound of the sarcasm plane passing overhead  ;D

I don't really believe for a moment Pete-zza makes frozen pizza... and his guests check his garage and deck for a hidden Acunto!!  "Yeah, Craig, you wasted your money."  LOL too funny
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
That loud noise was the sound of the sarcasm plane passing overhead  ;D

Brian,

I'd like to think of it as satire, or parody or tongue-in-cheek :-D.

Peter

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 12:45:54 PM »
Wow, today I just broke the rules even worse! I was just making a dough for a loaf of rye bread, and after mixing together all my ingredients and finishing forming my rough dough ball I realized I didn't put any yeast in with the flour. So, out came the jar of ADY, sprinkled a heaping teaspoon all over the dough and worked it in vigorously by hand. Hope it works because I'm dying for a ham n swiss on rye sandwich. Mis en place anyone ???

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »
Wow, today I just broke the rules even worse! I was just making a dough for a loaf of rye bread, and after mixing together all my ingredients and finishing forming my rough dough ball I realized I didn't put any yeast in with the flour. So, out came the jar of ADY, sprinkled a heaping teaspoon all over the dough and worked it in vigorously by hand. Hope it works because I'm dying for a ham n swiss on rye sandwich. Mis en place anyone ???

Dave,

I guess I have broken rules too, because I also forgot to add the yeast a couple times and did mix it in when I remembered.  If I recall correctly those doughs did work well.  I think your rye bread will turn out fine so you can have your ham and Swiss sandwich on rye bread.  ;D

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »

And miss the opportunity to be paradodied by the one and only Pete-zza? No, money well spent I think.

Craig
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 08:29:14 AM »
 I'm happy to report that my rye bread, which I forgot to add ADY to until after the dough was formed, came out perfectly. I made a nice boule, which was proofed twice including an overnight rise. Ham and swiss on rye for lunches this week! :)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »
We knew you would pull it off!.....hey, this thread is pic less   :o
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Y-TOWN

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 03:09:53 PM »
dmcavanagh

I stopped using the scale and make the Y-town pizza class dough with a couple of measuring cups and some spoons as well. Haven't heard any complaints as yet - always good to the last bite  :chef:.