Very fine looking pizzas indeed, the even light colouring I am unsuccessfully trying to achieve. I will keep watching, perhaps you will drop some hints . . . . .
Thank you Icelandr. It is a bit of a journey and a fun one. I followed yours for a while and you are doing a great job.
The short answer to your question is I used gas (no wood - so virtually no oven management during bake), there was no wind outside and the new, larger propane tank performed beautifully. This all helped get consistent results.
The longer answer is this last batch was lower yeast (0.08%) for my usual style and CF for the first 40 hours. This allowed for a slow and stable fermentation.
I worked each 1kg batch for a good 20 minutes. Started with a wet mix with 70% of flour, then gradually adding the remaining flour.
I "slapped" the dough about 6-7 times before the bulk, and then again before balling, to get some extra air and structure.
As a result, the dough was especially easy to work with. I used a bit of oil in the containers instead of flour.
The oven was high temp (floor around 950F) and Saputo performance was super. At that high temperature, after the first 25 seconds, I was rotating the pie constantly to allow for the even bake.
My guests loved the results. One of my friends from Caserta was with us and he thought that there was a certain a Da Michele finish to the pies (funny since DM does not do anything but Margherita and Marinara).
I did an extra metro pie for the children using a Whole Food
dough and the different color and results are shown in the picture below.