A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Diversamente pizza or New style Neapolitan pizza  (Read 569 times)

Offline Breadscience

• I Love Pizza!
Diversamente pizza or New style Neapolitan pizza
« on: March 17, 2017, 05:19:14 PM »
Want to share this new to Naples style of "high hydrated" pizzas.I like the results much more than standart hydrated pizza say 62-65% hydration.This guy uses very high hydration 72-75% which is too high for many pizzaolos in Naples.His style is similar to Carlo Sammarco  which also uses high hydrations 70%+  which is discussed in this topic https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=41217.0.   Seems that more Pizzeriias begin to apply this new "technique".This is like Chad Robertson and Tartine bread which introduced his new world method  technique  with high hydrations and now is known and practiced from many bakers all around the world.

This is the guy (Raf Bonetta) here we can show his work.Pizzas looks truly amazing its piece of art for me!Not like Da Michele which bet on mass production with inconsistent results every time.I didnt taste his pizza and not sure whether it is better than Da Michele and other famous pizzerias in Naples.

https://www.instagram.com/pizzeriaciarly/
https://www.facebook.com/Ciarly-588923757831936/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZD_ywayTkXpbG42xFvoBFQ/videos

It will be interesting what it his process do you use only room temp ferment or fridge.From what I saw he uses biga, old dough maybe and sourdoguh I dont know but will ask him and will post answer here.Also what I noticed he didnt use lauded "Caputo pizzeria".Will post picture of his flour, maybe uses other local flours which I am sure are much better than  Caputo which uses imported North American and Canadian wheat simply no flavour at that flour for me.

Any shares and thoughts are welcome.Do you like big cornicione or prefer low hydration with not too big cornicione?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 02:31:25 PM by berk »

Offline schold

Re: Diversamente pizza or New style Neapolitan pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 09:19:41 AM »
Thank you for posting this! It is not my favourite style of Neapolitan pizza :pizza:, I much more prefer the more classical, AVPN-ish style, but it is indeed very fascinating to observe the extraordinary skill set of some the experimental pizzaiolos.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:21:41 AM by schold »
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy - unless it's pastry, then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »
Any idea how much whole wheat is in there? Comparing high-hydration partial WW to 100% white may a bit apples and oranges. WW sucks up a lot of water. Some of the crumb shots look great, but some look kind of gummy.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Breadscience

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 04:39:02 AM »
Anyone familiar with this kinds of dough can you share some infor about dough? In last pics in IG says that he goes up to 78% hydration. He uses biga,  guess that combine different flour and also have ww in mix. For me its possible to handle 75-78% hydration without added ww.
Most of members used direct method for mixing their dough mix, bulk, balling, controlled room temp ferment and total fermentation times around 24h(ambient temp only). Do you tried "old dough" and biga method combined with 24h ferment? What would be result, more complex flavor, better  charing and leoparding?

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 09:24:36 AM »
i may be tipo1 flour it has the big bran flakes in it.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 09:28:37 AM »
If you're using old dough or biga in a 24 hour RT ferment, you're no using much of either and it's basically a direct method. I doubt there would be much difference.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage