A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Brad's Pizzone Pizzas  (Read 10916 times)

Offline bradtri

Re: Brad's Pizzone Pizzas
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2017, 11:58:28 AM »
Also, here's a picture showing how the pipe hits the bend in the leg on my table.  These extensions are quite possibly the best $7 I ever spent....

Offline Trossite

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2017, 01:44:17 PM »
Very nice!  I did see the pic on the other page, just didn't realize the bend is was was keeping it from going down.  I though made the tubes were filled with something
I will be making a trip to Lowes this weekend for sure.  As someone who has back issues this will be a life saver.

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Wood fired oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party wood fired pizza oven
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2017, 03:08:50 AM »
interesting solution ;) ;)
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired oven Pizza Party
New shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA + Wood fired oven Pizza Party + all taxes
Pizza Party facebook fans: Forni Pizza Party customers
italian official web site: Forni a legna Pizza Party

Offline bradtri

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2017, 07:33:44 PM »
Some sourdough that was balled a week ago and kept in fridge until today. Pretty good in my book.

Offline bradtri

« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2017, 07:55:03 PM »
And an Apricot, blue cheese and rosemary that I copied from another pizza guy.

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Wood fired oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party wood fired pizza oven
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2017, 02:32:31 AM »
 :drool: :drool: :drool:
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired oven Pizza Party
New shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA + Wood fired oven Pizza Party + all taxes
Pizza Party facebook fans: Forni Pizza Party customers
italian official web site: Forni a legna Pizza Party

Offline robertscalchi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2017, 06:51:58 PM »
Man Brad you are pretty talented with that oven. Like the wood rack too! I build one out of recycled pallets last year but I still have to put a roof and door on mine. Just using tarp for now

Offline robertscalchi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2017, 06:59:12 PM »
Been dreaming of breaking out a weekend party business but too many projects around the house and a new born on the way. My wonderful wife got me this for the baby for Father's day. Going to make him a lil pizzaiolo one day when he gets here.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:00:45 PM by robertscalchi »

Offline robertscalchi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2017, 07:12:40 PM »
Getting back to your question from earlier this year about technique in picking up the dough balls. Yes 45 degree in to 0 deg. To cut the expanded balls apart. I lightly flour the tops of the dough and the plastic spatula. I come in at 45 to 0 then go in underneath lift then pull up and away. You can always reshape from square to round once on the bench as long as you don't degas the dough then gently press the air torwards the cornicione twice after 1/2 rotation. Then do neopolitan slap and 1/4 rotation.

Offline bradtri

« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2017, 08:18:55 PM »
Hey Robert - thanks for the reply and congrats on the new piazzaiolo on the way!!

Yes, doing the pizza party business on the side has been a bit stressful ... but very fun.   Hoping to get rid of my day job in a couple months so things should be a little less hectic.

I've since switched to aluminum sheet pans with plastic covers that have helped me tremendously with handling the dough balls.  The lower sides make it much easier to attack the doughballs from various angles.   And they fit perfectly into the insulated carriers I found:

Offline robertscalchi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2017, 08:54:55 PM »
Getting back to your question from earlier this year about technique in picking up the dough balls. Yes 45 degree in to 0 deg. To cut the expanded balls apart. I lightly flour the tops of the dough and the plastic spatula. I come in at 45 to 0 then go in underneath lift then pull up and away. You can always reshape from square to round once on the bench as long as you don't degas the dough then gently press the air torwards the cornicione twice after 1/2 rotation. Then do neopolitan slap and 1/4 rotation.

Offline robertscalchi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2017, 09:04:09 PM »
That's a good improv for handling a wet dough. I've read online and seen you tube pizzaiolo's using old school wooden boxes made of mahogany or cedar or even maple. Or they take dough mate containers and line them with wood veneer. The theory is the wood absorbs the excess moisture allowing the dough to lift much easier. Although i cannot vouch with pizza dough, I can vouch with ravioli or pasta dough, as I custom build a huge pasta board one year for Christmas ravioli. Dough seems to handle greatvon wood with minimal bench fliyr and proper hydration. Vito Iacopelli has great informative funny videos on you tube on neopolitan style pizza and advicates the wood over marble when handling. Check him out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:06:10 PM by robertscalchi »

Offline bradtri

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2017, 09:26:28 PM »
Tried a new flavor tonight that's a keeper.  I stole it from the menu of the Flame pizzeria chain.  Shredded mozzarella, yellow pepper, red onion , chicken, blue cheese.  BBQ sauce is applied post bake. 

Hopefully this satisfies those people that keep clamoring for a "BBQ" pizza.
Also here's a pic of my new 3 story cooling rack that should help save some counter space on my mobile setup.

wordpress