A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.  (Read 426509 times)

Offline StoneCut

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.
« Reply #1160 on: June 27, 2017, 08:09:55 AM »
Hello everyone,

my G3ferrari Napoli oven is fully modded with high-temp 2.5mm cables and additional 550C cable sleeves. The temperature fuse is out, the knob on top removed. See earlier posts by me.

However, my oven still smells strongly of plastic when I heat it up - what can it be? Is it really the feet?

Offline macivs1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1161 on: July 18, 2017, 08:05:00 AM »
Hello :)

Few days ago I bought my G3Ferrari "chinease" version. First of all I started with thermostat mod and it works well.
I would like to change the top heater, but it's hard for me to find one.

Do you think that kind of elastic heater would works fine? https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/2Pcs-Set-AC-220V-1500W-Kiln-Furnace-Heating-Element-Coils-High-Resistance-Wire-Restring-Coil-Heater/32799636580.html
I would like to avoid buying solid heater, because it would be hard to bend/fit.

What do you think? Is there any pros and cons? Elastic heater is so cheap and I found same before in old fashioned oven:
https://akphoto3.ask.fm/465/274/700/-369996968-1si3r9i-5agnql4p0e2dia0/original/piekarnikelektrycznypiecykopiekaczatest900w1625901008.jpg

Regards

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:11:50 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline Greenlai

« Reply #1162 on: July 19, 2017, 06:20:56 AM »

Do you think that kind of elastic heater would works fine? https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/2Pcs-Set-AC-220V-1500W-Kiln-Furnace-Heating-Element-Coils-High-Resistance-Wire-Restring-Coil-Heater/32799636580.html
I would like to avoid buying solid heater, because it would be hard to bend/fit.

AFAIK its not ideal as the heating element wire will be live and you risk short circuit to ground or electrocution where as the heating element in your oven has insulation which also makes the heat more even.

Offline macivs1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1163 on: July 19, 2017, 10:43:58 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I also think that it's not best idea.

Fortunatelly I have found Polish producer of heaters:
http://gwarant.czest.pl/shop/7-z-tulejami-m10x1/124-grzalka-do-modelowania-150-cm-1500w.html
It's elastic heater which remember the shape after first heating. 150 cm is little bit long, but I will make 2 loops.

My G3Ferrari top heater is 115V, the one I have found is 230V. My idea is to make independent outlet only for the top heater.
I would like to make something like this with two voltage regulator.
The only thing I need to know is how top and bottom heaters are connected - in series or paralel?
Would it be ok If I just disconect the top heater and prepare independent inlet for top heater? I don't need thermostat in my oven

Offline Greenlai

« Reply #1164 on: July 19, 2017, 11:34:22 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I also think that it's not best idea.

Fortunatelly I have found Polish producer of heaters:
http://gwarant.czest.pl/shop/7-z-tulejami-m10x1/124-grzalka-do-modelowania-150-cm-1500w.html
It's elastic heater which remember the shape after first heating. 150 cm is little bit long, but I will make 2 loops.

My G3Ferrari top heater is 115V, the one I have found is 230V. My idea is to make independent outlet only for the top heater.
I would like to make something like this with two voltage regulator.
The only thing I need to know is how top and bottom heaters are connected - in series or paralel?
Would it be ok If I just disconect the top heater and prepare independent inlet for top heater? I don't need thermostat in my oven
Mine is a 240V oven with top and bottom elements 120V 700W (25ohms) wired in series. From previous posts, some are parallel,some are series depending on your model.

Offline Elle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1165 on: July 22, 2017, 11:49:57 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have just finished reading the whole thread during my research for G3 and the Napoli.
I want to buy one but my budget is limited so I've been looking for used models to start with, but I can't figure out which of the older ones would be the best buy. I'm hoping you can help me out with this decision.

From previous posters and @Sub in particular I've already learned a lot, so I know that the Napoli with the round element is the best one. I will probably modify it within the next year or so but I don't have the time to do this right now, so modding is something to take into account for the future but it's not urgent. If/when I do change the top element I would likely replace the existing element by a 1200W one.

I have found multiple older versions of the Napoli but I can't figure out what the internal differences between them are. When was the EU temperature regulation thing applied and which versions are from before that time? Some sites are still advertising with the 450C mark even for the Optima Napoli, but you can't reach this with the 2016 model without modifications, right? Can any of the 3 Napolis below heat to 450C without modifications?

What would you recommend out of this list?

1. Napoli (G3 - year unknown) with thermostat knob and timer knob - do these all have pacman top elements? the picture doesn't show it;
2. Napoli (G3 - year unknown) with thermostat knob and timer knob and a pacman top element;
3. orange Optima Napoli (special edition - year unknown) with only the thermostat knob;
4. G3 Delizia without mods - not ideal obviously but the price is good;
5. G3 Napoletana (= Delizia with 2 stones and supports to lift the top of the clam for panini etc.) - also not ideal but a very good price for a never used one.

I might put in a new stone right away, depending on how bad the condition is. Would you recommend the terracotta or the Saputo biscotto one?

Another question specifically to @Sub: where in Belgium is that Italian cash&carry you mentioned? I have family there :). And is the Caputo flour available there? You mentioned Divella at Cora, but I do not recall Caputo.

Thanks for any advice you can give me, I appreciate it!

Offline sub

« Reply #1166 on: August 04, 2017, 04:51:05 AM »
Another question specifically to @Sub: where in Belgium is that Italian cash&carry you mentioned? I have family there :). And is the Caputo flour available there? You mentioned Divella at Cora, but I do not recall Caputo.

Thanks for any advice you can give me, I appreciate it!

www.sitadis.be -  Polselli flour

For the Caputo I order in Italy www.specialitadallacampania.it

Offline henq

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1167 on: August 07, 2017, 12:04:13 PM »
Hi Guys,

This used G3F oven is for sale.   Is it pre- EU A13 law ?   It looks older indeed to me...
It has two knobs, the new ones have only 1, if I am correct.

Thanks in advance,

Henq

Offline kosmarnik

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1168 on: August 19, 2017, 03:04:08 PM »
Hi!
I'm in need of some help ASAP :D

I took my G3 apart, cut out the necessary holes and mounted the lower heater on the top.
While doing that I didn't properly document the wiring and now I'm confused how to wire it.

Just to be clear, I can just connect phase and neutral to the heater and that's it?

Thermometer should be connected to the phase, right?
Though I think I can get away without the thermometer for one trial :D

Offline Elle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1169 on: August 20, 2017, 01:55:04 PM »
www.sitadis.be -  Polselli flour

For the Caputo I order in Italy www.specialitadallacampania.it

Merci! It's less than half an hour away  :).

Offline drogus

• Pizza Napoletana for life! ;)
« Reply #1170 on: August 25, 2017, 02:24:23 AM »
Just to be clear, I can just connect phase and neutral to the heater and that's it?

That will make the heater work, yes, but you should also connect ground somewhere to the oven's enclosure. That way if there's any short it will blow up the fuse rather than electrifying you when you touch the oven.

Thermometer should be connected to the phase, right?

You mean the thermostat?

Offline cypress

• Pizza Life. One Slice At A Time
« Reply #1171 on: November 09, 2017, 06:45:27 AM »
hi guys,
here is my hot rodded and modified pizza express napoli oven. i did the usual stuff but with a twist. each heating element is controllable separately and i added a thermometer and a rotating stone.
the temperature reading is too low unfortunately. i think it would be better to add a surface sensor to the stone but since it is turning i have no solution for that at the moment. i just use the IR gun.
so with every heating element being wired separately it is possible to just switch on a single one in the dome and have a crunchier result. and of course switching off the bottom element.

in detail i have two 600w 230v elements in the dome and one 600w 230v element in the bottom. i used 1.5mm fiberglass wire with the 500C heat sleeves. none of the original electrics remained in the oven, i rewired it completely. no thermal fuse. i made sure the ground connection is solid and so far it is working 100% without any glitches. the whole oven is controlled by the external control box. for the rotating stone i used the standard grill motor everyone seems to be using.

here are some images of the oven and a few pies. they are all 61% hydration, 2.5% salt and fermented for about 22 hours at 22C. stone temp. was between 450C and 470C. bake time: 60-90 seconds depending on stone temp.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:03:46 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline cypress

« Reply #1172 on: November 09, 2017, 06:49:59 AM »
the pies

Offline PizzaManic

« Reply #1173 on: November 09, 2017, 07:23:33 AM »
the pies

Beautiful Pies especially Pic 4
Regards Mo

Offline sven147

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1174 on: November 09, 2017, 08:04:17 AM »
wow, that's the most extensive mod i've ever seen. nice pizzas.

i have a spice diavola oven and want to modify the thermostat, can anyone send me a link to the service manual? the old link in this thread doesn't work anymore.

cheers
sven

Offline cypress

« Reply #1175 on: November 09, 2017, 08:31:52 AM »
wow, that's the most extensive mod i've ever seen. nice pizzas.

i have a spice diavola oven and want to modify the thermostat, can anyone send me a link to the service manual? the old link in this thread doesn't work anymore.

cheers
sven

thanks sven. i would suggest you get rid of the thermostat altogether and put in a switch. you would just have to connect the two spades that are connected to the thermostat now to the switch. or you can even wire them together and use a power strip or outlet with a switch to turn the oven on.

marcus

Offline sven147

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1176 on: November 12, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
Thanks I will try that. But wasn't there a service manual for the diavola? That would make it easier to disassemble

Offline cypress

« Reply #1177 on: November 13, 2017, 06:34:41 AM »
Thanks I will try that. But wasn't there a service manual for the diavola? That would make it easier to disassemble

i don't know about a manual for the diavola. but it looks like a napoli clone so it shouldn't be too hard to take apart. this is the switch i used in my old delizia before i modded the napoli.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Kippschalter-Umschalter-Kippumschalter-Toggle-Switch-AC-250V-15A-5-Stuck/332354268303?hash=item4d61dbac8f:g:kkcAAOSwkthZnm7U

Offline cypress

« Reply #1178 on: November 13, 2017, 06:49:28 AM »
i recently scored an unused napoli made by ML. it is the rare white colored one with red and green printing. unused  ;D
i will be posting images as soon as it gets here. i have a couple of cool ideas for some out of the box mods. we'll see how it goes.

here's an image of yesterdays bake.

61% hydration
1g yeast / liter
2.8% salt
bulk: 15h RT
balled: 8h RT
then reballed because i had leftovers, into the fridge. took it out 5 hours before baking. so overall about 42 h fermentation.

Offline sven147

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1179 on: November 15, 2017, 02:47:39 AM »
Here is the service manual for the napoli / diavola italy made ovens:

http://flor27.free.fr/forums/_Pizza/ServiceManualArt101-ML.pdf

wordpress