A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.  (Read 404890 times)

Offline sodface

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.
« Reply #1280 on: October 12, 2018, 07:40:28 AM »
Pizza looks great!  Nice clean work on the controls - love the embossed labels!!!
Carl

Offline cypress

• Pizza Life. One Slice At A Time
« Reply #1281 on: October 17, 2018, 04:30:02 PM »
just a marg from today now resting comfortably in my gut  ::)

Offline Lumich

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1282 on: January 16, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »
Hey guys,

I had some success with tuning my old bestron dld9016 using the M1 mod.
Now I bought a used optima express napoli, the older version with the U-type heater. I did the thermostat mod successfully.
But I am facing a problem now:
1) when opening the dome I removed the screw which holds the thermostat. So I accidentally removed a metal cylinder and a cable to. Can you guys explain how I need to rebuild it?
I think I would need the order from top to bottom.

Also 2) the little control light doesn't work. The oven will heat up normally but the light doesn't turn on. Does anybody have an idea how I can replace it?

I hope to get some help  :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 04:15:44 PM by Lumich »

Offline cypress

« Reply #1283 on: January 18, 2019, 02:27:08 PM »
1)So I accidentally removed a metal cylinder and a cable to. Can you guys explain how I need to rebuild it?

Also 2) the little control light doesn't work. The oven will heat up normally but the light doesn't turn on. Does anybody have an idea how I can replace it?

hi there,

1)the wire appears to be the ground wire. is it green and yellow? if so you can just bolt it to anywhere on the dome casing. don't know about the metal cylinder but i would think it is not doing anything important so you can probably ignore it.

2)no idea. after the mod you don't really need it though.

Offline Elle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1284 on: January 18, 2019, 03:00:57 PM »
Hey guys,

I had some success with tuning my old bestron dld9016 using the M1 mod.
Now I bought a used optima express napoli, the older version with the U-type heater. I did the thermostat mod successfully.
But I am facing a problem now:
1) when opening the dome I removed the screw which holds the thermostat. So I accidentally removed a metal cylinder and a cable to. Can you guys explain how I need to rebuild it?

I hope to get some help  :)

On the Napoli the cylinder goes at the bottom as can be seen in Sub's post here: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg273297#msg273297
As for the wire: it's hard to tell without the full picture.

Offline vtsteve

• If my pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right!
« Reply #1285 on: January 19, 2019, 12:55:23 AM »
The ring connector on the Y/G wire looks like it's marked by a star washer, so it's probably closest to the nut.
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline Lumich

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1286 on: January 21, 2019, 04:16:41 PM »
Thank you all, you seem to be right  ^^^
The wire has marks of the star washer, so I'll attach it like that.
The cylinder seems to be some kind of spacer to bring the thermostat in the right position. Nothing spectacular.

Just to be sure, with the oven having 2x600w elements and 220-230V I can simply exchange the top element with a new one, right?
Does anybody from Germany know which element around 1400w will fit (without bending, if possible)?
I find two elements who could be good:
- https://www.ebay.de/p/Heizelement-Hei%C3%9Fluft-1500w-230v-At-899661913630-AEG-Electrolux-Juno-ZANUS/1706321157?iid=253854431489&chn=ps
- https://www.ebay.de/itm/Heizung-Heissluft-1500W-230V-Ofen-wie-Electrolux-AEG-899661912502-/172077461784?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

Offline cypress

« Reply #1287 on: January 21, 2019, 09:36:46 PM »
Just to be sure, with the oven having 2x600w elements and 220-230V I can simply exchange the top element with a new one, right?
Does anybody from Germany know which element around 1400w will fit (without bending, if possible)?
I find two elements who could be good:
- https://www.ebay.de/p/Heizelement-Hei%C3%9Fluft-1500w-230v-At-899661913630-AEG-Electrolux-Juno-ZANUS/1706321157?iid=253854431489&chn=ps
- https://www.ebay.de/itm/Heizung-Heissluft-1500W-230V-Ofen-wie-Electrolux-AEG-899661912502-/172077461784?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

that depends. if the elements are 230v each you can swap one out for another 230v element. look for a small imprint on the heating elements. as for the elements you listed none of them will fit.
a lot of folks on here use the spanish element, me included. i can recommend it 100%. it is available in 1200, 1400 and 1650 watts. their website is www.coera.es but you have to inquire via email at [email protected] sonia will most likely handle you request. you can search this thread for coera to get more info on the measurements and such.

Offline Rafbor

• I Love Pizza!

Offline cypress

« Reply #1289 on: January 22, 2019, 06:23:05 PM »
i don't think the AEG can be installed without major bending and/ or changes to the oven. i think he wants to keep it simple so the coera is really a plug and play deal.
if you want to order it be sure to reference their inventory number for it which is #718 and your oven model and specify the wattage you want.
i included the attached images to my order.
whatever element you choose, 1600w is very hot. bake times are around 50 seconds if you don't regulate it by a dimmer.

Offline mux

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1290 on: January 29, 2019, 06:04:00 PM »
Wow incredible results here. Many posts, but can someone guide me for a USA user? What oven should I buy and where. And also what kind of modification should I do in order to make it work with 120v . I'm experienced in modding and some circuitry.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1291 on: January 30, 2019, 09:50:13 AM »
I have installed one in my G3 Delizia, look here
https://pizzanapo.fr/index.php?/topic/7-mes-fours-delizia-1600w-en-haut-rien-en-bas/
and here for the update
https://pizzanapo.fr/index.php?/topic/7-mes-fours-delizia-1600w-en-haut-rien-en-bas/&do=findComment&comment=4967
Here you will see more results of NP cooked with it
https://pizzanapo.fr/index.php?/topic/401-alternative-%C3%A0-la-coera/&tab=comments#comment-6667

hi can that burner be purchsed in the united states. also where do you get the floor material you are using? does it have the same characteristics as saputo

Offline Rafbor

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1292 on: January 30, 2019, 02:03:36 PM »
    hi can that burner be purchsed in the united states. also where do you get the floor material you are using? does it have the same characteristics as saputo
I have no ideas if you can find it in US, it is a model for Ariston / Indesit / Scholtes oven, 1600w power. Maybe you can find an equivalent one.

The stone is made with "terracotta". It is clay and it is different from Saputo but you can warm up to 530C (and more) without burning the bottom of the pizza.
Here is a link to by it https://www.ebay.fr/itm/350941095017 but be careful, normal price is near 10. When stock goes low, the price increase and you have to wait new provision in order to see it decreased to normal price.

Offline cypress

« Reply #1293 on: February 02, 2019, 09:46:20 PM »
Wow incredible results here. Many posts, but can someone guide me for a USA user? What oven should I buy and where. And also what kind of modification should I do in order to make it work with 120v . I'm experienced in modding and some circuitry.

you can always buy parts and ovens on ebay.it or ebay.de and maybe use a transformer to run it on 120v.

Offline mux

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1294 on: February 07, 2019, 01:22:14 AM »
you can always buy parts and ovens on ebay.it or ebay.de and maybe use a transformer to run it on 120v.

Yeah but it would cost about at least 50$ to find one that can handle the needed wattage, let alone the huge space a transformer requires.

Offline Mullered

• Pizza. What's not to like?
« Reply #1295 on: February 18, 2019, 05:00:38 PM »
I have a question regarding using a ferrari G3 with a thermostat mod only; Before the mod, I would set the thermostat to max and wait for the light to go out.  I would then open the lid and wait for the light to come back on.  Once the heating element was glowing red I would slide my pizza in. I have now added a quarter turn onto the thermostat. Do I continue to use the same method?

Offline mux

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1296 on: February 19, 2019, 04:39:24 PM »
Does anyone know the material used for the stone, and where I could purchase one? I'm guessing it's not cordierite.

Offline Mullered

« Reply #1297 on: February 20, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »
Ok, so first attempt using my Delizia since doing the thermostat mod. Currently no deflector or reflector. Also my IR thermometer hasn't arrived yet so I don't know what the cooking temp was. Really happy with the results though. Got some minimal leopard spotting which is more than I've ever had in the five years I've owned the oven. The dough was 64% hydration, high gluten bread flour, 24h room temp bulk rise followed by 24h cold ferment balled up. Topped with homemade mozz, napoli salami and black olives. Cooking time was around 3 minutes.

Got 3 more balls to play with over the coming days  :D

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:33:10 PM by Mullered »

Offline Mullered

« Reply #1298 on: February 21, 2019, 03:37:04 AM »
Does anyone know the material used for the stone, and where I could purchase one? I'm guessing it's not cordierite.

Not sure what the material is however you can get replacement stones on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G3-Ferrari-G10032-Replacement-Pizza-Oven-Cooking-Stone-Base-Bottom-Stone-/283267307828

Hope that helps!

Offline ShevyChase

• Salami picante e gorgonzola
« Reply #1299 on: February 26, 2019, 07:57:28 PM »
Yo guys! Its been a while I didnt post here. I am currently testing arround with different flour and sourdough! Right now I am using a blend of Manitoba with either Caputo red or molina spadoni PZ4
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:09:24 PM by Pete-zza »

wordpress