A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.  (Read 411587 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.
« Reply #1340 on: March 18, 2020, 12:15:40 AM »
spanish, but I don't even talk it right :P

:-D :-D :-D.    ...... Hey, at least you're honest man. And that's a lot more to say than what most people interact with in this world these days.  😎🌴
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline casa_christoph

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1341 on: March 23, 2020, 03:48:51 PM »
hey after having found the g3 ferarri in a youtube video where the pizza looks absolutely amazin I think its time to get one :)

I saw that there are two different versione, 100006 with one stone and the G10032 with a stone on top and bottom.. Can somebody tell me which one I should go for? I've seen there are some mods for the 100006 here because the top doesnt get heated that much the G10032 should be the "better" one isnt it?

Cant wait for it :) Today I achieved some good results with a pan and my 250 oven so I cant think about what it will look like when I have more temperature!

Offline cypress

• Pizza Life. One Slice At A Time
« Reply #1342 on: March 23, 2020, 05:25:40 PM »

I saw that there are two different versione, 100006 with one stone and the G10032 with a stone on top and bottom.. Can somebody tell me which one I should go for?

if you can find one get a pizza express napoli but an old version made by g3ferrari or ML. they have the 230v wiring and are easier to mod than the delizias. they frequently pop up on ebay.it in used condition. if it has to be between the two you mentioned i'd go for the one without the top stone

Offline Phony

• Turn up the heat
« Reply #1343 on: April 21, 2020, 04:50:09 PM »
I'm about to order some heat resistant wiring etc. at caterspares.co.uk but I can't find any heat resistant c13 power inlets. Does anyone know a store to get those?

Offline cypress

• Pizza Life. One Slice At A Time
« Reply #1344 on: April 21, 2020, 04:57:57 PM »
I'm about to order some heat resistant wiring etc. at caterspares.co.uk but I can't find any heat resistant c13 power inlets. Does anyone know a store to get those?

try ebay like https://www.ebay.de/itm/Heisgerate-Buchse-230V-10A-schwarz-Gerate-Kupplung-fur-Heisgerat-Steckgerate/382083051560?epid=1406406460&hash=item58f5ecb028:g:qbkAAOSw8lpZGVkp

Offline Phony

• Turn up the heat
« Reply #1345 on: May 03, 2020, 10:33:30 AM »
try ebay like https://www.ebay.de/itm/Heisgerate-Buchse-230V-10A-schwarz-Gerate-Kupplung-fur-Heisgerat-Steckgerate/382083051560?epid=1406406460&hash=item58f5ecb028:g:qbkAAOSw8lpZGVkp
Thank you for your quick reply. After some more reading I discovered I actually need a higher temperature rated inlet and plug: c15a and c16a.

Found them in a store nearby.
http://www.maaselectro.nl/MEOE1N.aspx?pg=0201040103&cat=0

Offline 6spadestheman

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1346 on: May 06, 2020, 12:49:44 AM »
Im trying to up my pizza game on my g3 Ferrari pizza oven and would like to soft mod the thermostat so it doesnt turn off the heating element. Ive found this video:

It seems like I need to turn it 90 degrees but I can work out which direction! (Clockwise or counterclockwise?).

Thanks in advance!

Offline Gobo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1347 on: May 21, 2020, 04:56:20 PM »
Ah, I have finally found my thread. Hello from another G3 Ferrari user.

I've recently just modified mine moving the stone "pacman" element into the lid. It's chinese built so two 115V elements in series. A small bit of re-wiring to be done and re-sleeved everything in 500C sleeving.

I still have a bit of fine tuning to go, I think I have some hot spots so need to work on levelling off the elements. I also need a deflector and reflector, but wow, what a difference. No more over cooked base. Lovely foldable pizza! Really happy.

First test bakes tonight...Cheers!

Offline umirza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1348 on: May 29, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »
Hi All,
I've got the "G3 Ferrari G10006 Delizia Pizza Oven - 1200W" (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002VA4CDI/?tag=pmak-20) the instruction manual states AC 230V ~ 50hz - 1200w.

I've read most of this thread and seems lots of links are not working pictures wise but am looking to modify the element in my oven. I've got the aluminum reflector and about to install the small internal reflector but im really confused still around what elements I can use in my oven. along with is it just the top element that is 1200w or does that also include the bottom element?

Can i just purchase any 1500w element and replace the main one (i.e with two rings), or can I just add a third element thats smaller to the top without issue, or should I just move the bottom element to the top (but i feel like that might affect the way the base cooks)?

I can't seem to really find any still working links for elements either (or elements that don't have a right angle at the connectors).

Thank you all.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:50:18 PM by umirza »

Offline Gobo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1349 on: May 29, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »
The Delizia which you have ordered has one 115V 600W element in the base and one 115V 600W element in the lid. As they are rated at 115V each they are wired in series to give a 230V across both elements.

I have the same oven as you, Chinese built, you can check underneath on the sticker. I believe the Euro built models have 230V rated elements, these will be wired in parallel.

I have moved the bottom "pacman" shaped element into the lid. This involved a small bit of rewiring to get the neutral into the lid. Heat resistant cable and sleeving ordered from catersparesuk12 shop on Ebay.

The pacman shaped element I had in the bottom obviously gives you an uneven heat distribution in the lid so I have ordered a round one from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Resistance-Circular-for-Oven-Pizza-Delight-G3-Ferrari-G-10006-Part-Mshop/383531402791?hash=item594c40c627:g:VckAAOSwY0lXRe1O to replace it with. I will likely replace it with one higher powered element at some point in the future.

Removing the base element doesn't affect how the base cooks at all. It's top heat these ovens lack resulting in an overcooked base while you wait for the top to cook. The only thing it may hinder is the reheat time between pies, but you wouldn't want it on full when cooking if your stone has already hit the desired temperature from the top elements. I may put my "pacman" element back into the base once my new element arrives for the top but I will just wire it separately to a new plug so that it has its own supply and I can control it from the switch on the socket but i'll probably only have it on for pre-heating and in between cooking, if I go down that route.

With the two 600W elements in the lid the thermostat will still cut out the element supply, even with the conductive strip removed. I find it easier just to bypass the thermostat completely and control from the switch on the wall socket but it would probably be sensible of me to say that it is not advisable to do this for obvious safety reasons. If you do, I wouldn't even consider it without having an IR temperature gun to monitor temperatures and never leave it unattended switched on.

wordpress