A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza  (Read 245086 times)

Offline IEatPizzaByThePie

• Everybody knows the rules.
Re: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Reply #420 on: January 02, 2020, 12:14:55 PM »
Following the Pizza Hut recipe on the site, I let the dough proof overnight and currently itís risen to about 1.25Ē in my 14Ē pan.  In the recipe it says to let it rise to 1.5Ē but even at 1.25Ē it already seems really high to me.  My concern is that when this bakes wonít it rise even further? I feel like that will be way too high... Pizza Hut pan pizzas arenít thaaat high are they?

That doesn't look over-proofed to me. You also must remember that your dough will be weighed down by the sauce/cheese/toppings during the bake.
"Who the hell eats two cookies? I eat Fig Newtons by the sleeve. Two sleeves is a serving size!"

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #421 on: January 02, 2020, 12:38:19 PM »
I never use the instructions because they made no sense to me

My dough is well proofed and never reached anywhere near that height

Offline pizza_newbie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2020, 08:31:41 AM »
That doesn't look over-proofed to me. You also must remember that your dough will be weighed down by the sauce/cheese/toppings during the bake.

Unfortunately it was still too thick even after putting on all the toppings during the bake.  I measured the final height and it was close to 1.5Ē - much thicker than Pizza Hut.  The toppings didnít do much to weigh it down.  My whole family felt the same that the pizza was too thick and way too dense.  It didnít have any nice air pockets inside.  Dunno what I did wrong.  Iíve attached pictures to show.

Offline pizza_newbie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #423 on: January 08, 2020, 08:33:35 AM »
I never use the instructions because they made no sense to me

My dough is well proofed and never reached anywhere near that height

What recipe did you follow?

Online HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #424 on: January 08, 2020, 08:36:10 AM »
It didn’t have any nice air pockets inside.  Dunno what I did wrong. 

Yours is an easy fix. Just use a lower dough ball weight/quantity.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:46:53 AM by HansB »
Hans

Offline pizza_newbie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #425 on: January 08, 2020, 10:04:21 AM »
Your is an easy fix. Just use a lower dough ball weight/quantity.

Ya Iíd probably split it evenly into two dough balls. But what about the lack of air bubbles?

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #426 on: January 08, 2020, 10:32:46 AM »
My whole family felt the same that the pizza was too thick and way too dense.  It didnít have any nice air pockets inside.  Dunno what I did wrong.

this is either under or over proofing or it could possibly be over mixing. In another post of yours I noticed that you might be using a food processor to mix.  If so, make sure to take the temperature of your dough and dont let it go above 75 degrees. Still though, under/over proofing is the most common problem I see when learning to make pizza. 

I think the problem with your dough ball being too large could be that you should be using a scale and that the recipe on the first page of this thread doesnt use a scale.  Baking needs very precise measurements and without a scale your results will be different every time you make the recipe.  Dont give up, be precise, experiment and take notes. Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:40:37 AM by scott r »

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #427 on: January 08, 2020, 11:33:45 AM »
What recipe did you follow?

I only make room temp doughs     and use the Baker's yeast quantity prediction model  as a guide   though use slightly more with the pan proofed pizza than I do with my regular doughs https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26831.0

Knead dough,   shape it in ball. Give it a few mins rest and I already begin to roll it out to size.

It takes awhile to stretch it to size as the doughs just been kneaded and isn't fermented at all so I just give it a bit of a rest then come back and stretch it so more.

I use the dough calculator with thickness factor of around 0.15

I saw a Pizza Hut new zealand video and they seemed to do what I do, except use one of those machines to shape dough quickly they then put shaped dough in the pan with oil and let it rise chilled.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:38:47 AM by MadMatt »

Offline pizza_newbie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #428 on: January 09, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »
this is either under or over proofing or it could possibly be over mixing. In another post of yours I noticed that you might be using a food processor to mix.  If so, make sure to take the temperature of your dough and dont let it go above 75 degrees. Still though, under/over proofing is the most common problem I see when learning to make pizza. 

I think the problem with your dough ball being too large could be that you should be using a scale and that the recipe on the first page of this thread doesnt use a scale.  Baking needs very precise measurements and without a scale your results will be different every time you make the recipe.  Dont give up, be precise, experiment and take notes. Good luck!

I know the temperature of the dough was at least 95 degrees when I measured it.  This happened because when I tried kneading everything in the food processor it was way too much dough for the food processor to handle.  The whole machine started shaking violently and jumping around the table.  I own a good quality breville 16 cup food processor.  So I had to split the dough into three parts and knead them separately part by part.  Each time the dough was quite sticky so I had to add more flour and turn on the machine again.  I probably left it running for too long.

As for measuring the ingredients using a scale, I did that.  I didnít look at the recipe on the first page of this thread though.  I instead used this one https://www.pizzamaking.com/panpizza.php which I think is the same as the one on the first page of this thread but also lists how many grams to use for each ingredient, which I weighed using my scale.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:11:59 PM by pizza_newbie »

Offline Pizzalord69420

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #429 on: January 27, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »
Made this recipe a few times now.  I LOVE IT.  Although I dont love pizza hut pan pizza because of the greasiness.  What I love about it is you can control how much oil you use.  I always leave it overnight or it's less desirable results.  And this one in particular was way too much dough because I used a smaller pan.  I honestly smoosh the dough down to a quarter of an inch and that is more than enough. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:56:33 PM by Pizzalord69420 »

wordpress