A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza  (Read 257718 times)

Offline cpitchford

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Reply #440 on: September 28, 2020, 07:06:18 AM »
I'm struggling to find baker's non-fat dry milk here in UK so I've been thinking of what I might be able to do instead.

I thought about using fresh skimmed/non-fat milk and heat treating by boiling, but I'm worried about the adjustments to the water in the recipe.

I'm wondering if taking some of the water in the recipe, mixing it with regular non-fat dry milk, could then be boiled to create the same heat-treated milk result with less worry about the water quantities:

I think my process would be:

1) Take dry milk powder
2) Take some water from recipe
4) weigh mixture
3) boil for some time
5) re-weigh mixture
6) add more water that was removed by boiling up to the original weight

I guess bottom line, is boiled reconstituted regular non-fat dry milk the same as bakers non-fat dry milk (mixed with water)?

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #441 on: September 28, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »
FWIW, I use regular,(not heat-treated) dry milk powder in my Shokupan bread and buns, it works fine.
Hans

Offline matermark

« Reply #442 on: September 28, 2020, 10:52:13 AM »
I'm struggling to find baker's non-fat dry milk here in UK so I've been thinking of what I might be able to do instead.

I thought about using fresh skimmed/non-fat milk and heat treating by boiling, but I'm worried about the adjustments to the water in the recipe.

I'm wondering if taking some of the water in the recipe, mixing it with regular non-fat dry milk, could then be boiled to create the same heat-treated milk result with less worry about the water quantities:

I think my process would be:

1) Take dry milk powder
2) Take some water from recipe
4) weigh mixture
3) boil for some time
5) re-weigh mixture
6) add more water that was removed by boiling up to the original weight

I guess bottom line, is boiled reconstituted regular non-fat dry milk the same as bakers non-fat dry milk (mixed with water)?

Just use the non-fat dry milk powder that you have without any boiling or any extra steps...

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #443 on: September 28, 2020, 02:32:03 PM »
I can't say I could tell a huge difference from the dough with or without the milk powder    as its cooked in a load of oil you tend to taste that more

Offline Ian

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #444 on: January 10, 2021, 11:40:00 AM »
Hi folks, so I'm suddenly nostalgic for PH Pan but, holy cow, I'm so confused with which recipe and approach is considered the current favourite! Is there anything resembling consensus as to the best dough formula and whether the proof should be room or fridge temp? Thanks
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:41:37 AM by Ian »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T